Bug deflector install question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r00tkanal

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm just about to install the Mopar / Jeep bug deflector on my brand new CRD. I've reviewed the instructions (no words, only pictures) and they left me with a really silly question I hope you can answer: In the box are 4 black rubber "bumpers" w/adhesive backing, and an alcohol pad. The illustrations are quite vague... Do the bumpers get stuck on the back of the bug deflector or the hood of the Liberty? I want to stick them to the bug deflector but I'm afraid they'll wear the clearcoat off after rubbing against the paint from time to time.

Where do these things go?

Thanks!

phantom2

Reaction score
Everyone, that I've ever installed, has the pads going on the hood,not the deflector.

Guyute1210

Reaction score
phantom2 said:
Everyone, that I've ever installed, has the pads going on the hood,not the deflector.
Ditto, that way they don't wear the paint / clearcoat off the hood. And i have had to remove on from a Dodge Caravan (Mopar) and when i did the rubber stops came right off w/o a mark, just had to wash some stickies off of it.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would put them on the hood, if they are on the bud deflector and u get some mud/dust in there, then it might hurt ur clearcoat. So take that little pad and rub where ur going to put them( to take wax off i guess) then slap them on there.

Latest posts

Members online