buckling seatbelt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

E.T.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you'd think it would be easy to buckle my seatbelt, right? I've found that the red release button sometimes sticks in, so when I try to buckle the belt, it won't catch. I haven't looked at it closely, but any ideas how to fix without replacing it?

theroofable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spray some wd40 in it and buckle and release it a few times. Whats the worst that could happen, it wont fix it?

E.T.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually don't mess with that type of safety gear. For what it does, I'd bite the bullet and buy a new one.

Yeah I don't want to mess anything up and break it.

Spray some wd40 in it and buckle and release it a few times. Whats the worst that could happen, it wont fix it?

Shot some silicone lube in there, so we'll see. Can't hurt.

E.T.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Were you able to buckle and release it normally?

Releasing is fine, and once it's buckled, it's secure. Problem is actually getting it to buckle. Sometimes the red button stays pushed down, so when I insert the metal part, it doesn't click into place.

Akedos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd recommend replacing it. Hard to know if the mechanism is really safe or not anymore. Can't be that expensive to fix... not worth risking it.

Latest posts

Members online