Brush guard saved my kj!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wmcreyno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you who say that mopar accessories i.e the brushguard are for show only... yall are full of it!
I was on the interstate and the guy ahead if me locked em up.. i did the same immediately lets just say my jeep was heaitant to stop.. i rear ended the guy at at about 10 mph and did 0 damage to either vehicle all thanks to the 120$ mopar brush guard i got off of craigslist!
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk 4

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
not trying to burst your bubble or anything :D ... but logic would dictate that you would have done no damage without the bull bar as well :waytogo:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not trying to burst your bubble or anything :D ... but logic would dictate that you would have done no damage without the bull bar as well :waytogo:

I may or may not have been thinking the same thing...! :nutkick:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Only one way to be sure: Take the brush guard off and go smack him again. :slap:

Glad to hear there was no damage and no injuries. :)

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fact that there was no damage to either vehicle might just destroy your theory of the brushguard saving anything.
Now, if the other vehicle was bashed and trashed, and your brushguard was just scuffed of paint, then I may be on your side.
But, with the evidence you show, there is no proof that the guard did anything.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
At 10 MPH then there was some slight damage to the inner structure of the car you hit, unseen from just standing looking at it. Pull the cover off and you'll see it if only ever so slightly.
Now as far as yours goes you hit straight on bumper to bumper so while it may appear that it saved you, nothing really happened and it would of been the same outcome no matter what
Try hitting something at 45-55 with bumper heights slightly different or so and then we'll compare notes.

Not slamming you and what you like , just are the facts

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And thats why after an accident you are suppose to go to a qualified shop and get it inspected. I'd bet a least theres damage under the bumper skin of that car.

wmcreyno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys im not ********. I understand that there is probably damage under his bumper. I have worked on cars since.i was 15 and my first car was an s10 that was wrecked that i practically rebuilt. But the guy is not reporting anything. so as far as im concerend there is no damage. it was just a post calm down. I love how you make a post on this forum and someone has to argue just to argue. Yes i dont know for sure that the brushguard prevented damage. YOU also don't know it didnt. Tom i didnt hit the guy at 45-55 why are we arguing it wouldnt have helped in that situation? I was just saying at.my low impact collision i feel it helped. who cares it was just a post. Remind me to keep to myself and not post anything

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk 4

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
:happy175: If yours is the only opinion that matters to you then then why did you post such an obviously inflammatory statement in the first place?

"For those of you who say that mopar accessories i.e the brushguard are for show only... yall are full of it!"

That sentence is an invitation to everybody on this board with a differing opinion... and an opportunity to learn something. :shrug:

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the point of posting on a forum was to hear what others had to say about your post? Be it criticism or praise. Nobody flamed you or called you out or anything. I think they was just commenting on how there was no damage to the other vehicle so the brush guard probably played little to no role in saving anything. Now if the other vehicle was smashed in and all your brush guard has on it was some tiny scratched that would be another story. But no-one was flaming you over it. Just simply members adding their comments to your post like the forum was created for... It's just people adding their 2 cents in to the conversation, no-one was trying to talk down on you.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad no one was hurt.

The brush guard is attached to the frame where the tow hooks attach so I believe that is a "strong point". Probably saved your bumper but I am surprised it didn't put an indentation in the other car's bumper even at 10mph. The low speed probably helped also. But anyway, still need to get under it and look real good to be sure.

If that were me I would have probably just drove my tow hooks into him ...LOL

Dave

Thelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From experience a brush guard can prevent a lot of damage in deer collisions. I doubt they do anything to lessen the damage to whatever you hit though.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
From experience brush guards cause way more damage
I was a silent owner of a body shop for a few years with my buddy and every time someone called with a pickup and said they hit a deer and had a brush guard he smiled real wide since it was going to be lots of new parts

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From experience brush guards cause way more damage
I was a silent owner of a body shop for a few years with my buddy and every time someone called with a pickup and said they hit a deer and had a brush guard he smiled real wide since it was going to be lots of new parts

Silent owner? What's that? Were you not able to talk? Just kidding, but for real is that just another way of saying investor? Seems you have done and seen it all Mr. Mudd!!

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that were the saying clear as mudd came from. LOL I'll keep silent now.

ionizer

Reaction score
brush guard = 3" 10mph. guess a good question might be.... could you use that extra 3"? ive locked em up and ended up at maybe 1" glad i didnt have a brush guard....

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Silent owner? What's that? Were you not able to talk? Just kidding, but for real is that just another way of saying investor? Seems you have done and seen it all Mr. Mudd!!
Not as much I would of liked
Yes investor could be used as well
All depends on how the tax man looks at it
Buddy had some problems, I invested into his business until he got back on his feet, meantime I got a 70 Ford shortbed pickup all completely redone for the price of the paint :icon_lol: