Brusg Guard?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For how often this subject comes up you would think others would catch on
but here we go
Like it was stated above ,more than once, to install a "brush guard" you have to remove tow hooks or use the provided holes for them
no problem you say ,because you only do "mild off roading if any"
I have seen a trail rated 2-3 on a 1-10 scale "own" rigs that would normally run 6-9 trails ,the wrong weather at the wrong time and enough of it
so sure you could easily run a 2-3 in a stock 4wd KJ but let it rain and you will be
"up a creek"
spend the money on function not form

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
but here we go
Like it was stated above ,more than once, to install a "brush guard" you have to remove tow hooks or use the provided holes for them
I have seen a trail rated 2-3 on a 1-10 scale "own" rigs that would normally run 6-9 trails ,the wrong weather at the wrong time and enough of it
so sure you could easily run a 2-3 in a stock 4wd KJ but let it rain and you will be
"up a creek"

to each his own...

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
but here we go
"up a creek"

I agree with what you are saying for anyone that intends to go off-road. But if they are not, then it does not matter. Everyone does different things with their jeeps.

That said, 2 of the guys I wheel with have bull bars and tow hooks on and I know they work. I forget how they have them mounted now. You could go over on LOST and post and ask JeepDawg or Stever over there and I am sure they will explain how if anyone is interested.

Dave

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd like to mount a brush guard on the KJ for a light mount more than anything, but I don't want to loose my front recovery points either, and I can't afford an ARB bumper at this time.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'd like to mount a brush guard on the KJ for a light mount more than anything, but I don't want to loose my front recovery points either, and I can't afford an ARB bumper at this time.

I know some people on here have fabbed it up where you get to keep you hook....

Latest posts

Members online