broke down today, anyone had this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I broke down today, just wondered if anyone has experienced the same. Here is the report I've written for myself: drove over bumps at end of street (in the city), car lost power. Was approx 15mph in 2nd. Tried 3rd, almost stalled, low power in 1st. Put on hazard lights and shut down engine. Immediately tried to restart, gearstick shuddered, engine didn't restart. Tried again, same result.
Let it rest, and restarted normally. Seemed to work perfectly. Drove home, no problems.

Cheers

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
ENBr said:
I broke down today, just wondered if anyone has experienced the same. Here is the report I've written for myself: drove over bumps at end of street (in the city), car lost power. Was approx 15mph in 2nd. Tried 3rd, almost stalled, low power in 1st. Put on hazard lights and shut down engine. Immediately tried to restart, gearstick shuddered, engine didn't restart. Tried again, same result.
Let it rest, and restarted normally. Seemed to work perfectly. Drove home, no problems.

Cheers
Happened to me in my dead battery thread. Not sure WHY this happens, but the reports on LOST say that it happens once and never again.

Gatorator

Reaction score
Happened to me also. 06 CRD.. I drove a fewblocks, stopped to BS with a fellow and then the car wouldn't accelerate. Like driving in idle. I turned it off for a minute or so and it started up and has run fine ever since.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gatorator said:
Happened to me also. 06 CRD.. I drove a fewblocks, stopped to BS with a fellow and then the car wouldn't accelerate. Like driving in idle. I turned it off for a minute or so and it started up and has run fine ever since.
Maybe some random bits working their way out of the ECM software (dunno)

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its little elves under your jeep unplugging stuff when you stop. They plug it all back in though when you stop the next time and shut it off. \:D/

timmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
Its little elves under your jeep unplugging stuff when you stop. They plug it all back in though when you stop the next time and shut it off. \:D/

A little late for elves isn't it; Hmmm now that I think about it they probably moonlight after "the" season.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
timmer said:
jeepjeepster said:

A little late for elves isn't it; Hmmm now that I think about it they probably moonlight after "the" season.
Gremlins, nasty little buggers that go around and do stuff to your Jeep. Kinda like the one that gets on Bugs Bunny in this classic Merry Melodies cartoon! (here's a link for those with dial-up)

carterdea

Reaction score
Whoa, I had this problem. It is from an aftermarket alarm system that some dealers put on their jeeps, If it thinks that you are hotwiring it, (like from a bumb, or in my case, my leg hit the under dash part) it cuts all power to the engine for about 10-15mins.

This happened to me 2 or 3 times, the day after I got it, I got super pissed off, and went to the dealer, and they unplugged it, and I haven't lost power since!

Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Members online