Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

telefunkin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a jack, a tire iron and a good set of wrenches. Can't recall what size bolts are on the calipers maybe 17mm or 18mm. An impact wrench would be ideal, if you have access to one, but it's not necessary.

RenegadeK

Reaction score
Iirc just regular hex head bolts. I usually don't even bother with a ratchet.just need the right size wrench, don't remember which size exactly.

Oh, if you have trouble with rear rotors you may have to do something with the parking break to release the shoes not sure how to explain that process without pictures though

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Minimike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can afford it look for professional installation of your brakes. These kinds of questions lead me to believe that you have little experience with replacing brakes, especially rotor/drum incorporated e-brake system. For simply safety reasons its always good to let the pro's do these job. The quality of the brake job does not only affect you but the safety of other people around you. The fronts are considerably easier to complete then the rears. Maybe you can find a friend that has experience and ask him to help you that way you can learn this time and perform your own maintenance next time.

bugnout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or... Find someone that will either let you watch over their shoulder or guide you thought it. If you really want to wrench, there is no substitute for first hand experience.

Don't do your own brakes to save money, If you don't have the experience, It'll end up costing you more in the end.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A jack, a lug wrench, 13mm socket (I think that's the size), a big flathead screwdriver or prybar and a C clamp (or caliper spreader tool).

bobsgym

Reaction score
Had a friend do one side so I could watch and I did the other side. Now I know how. Thanks for all of your guys input this site is the best.