brake pad "v" spring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paguy1

Reaction score
The outside rear brake pad on my '03 has a horizontal "v" spring, the bottom of which rides on the slide rail. The Bendix replacement pads don't have it, is it needed? Don't know whether to continue or not, nobody seems to be able to give me an answer over the phone.

abarkl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe those are the anti-rattle springs found on the front calipers. I reused mine with the last brake job.

paguy1

Reaction score
Called Bendix and found out I was given D964 pads, which is what is shown for my '03, but D981's are the set with the springs and the ones I really needed. Wasted about an hour, but I got the right part. Bendix folks were helpful and are in the process of updating some numbers. Springs were not removable on my old pads, even if they were there were no holes in the D964 pad to use them. Thanks for everyones advice and help, my first DIY brake job wasn't as hard as I thought and everythings working fine.

Bob

Latest posts

Members online