Bought My First Jeep Today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Only a coffee cup, wait till you can get a bottle of Jack under there :icon_lol:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
C'mon, Tom - you won't be happy until you can fit a keg of beer under there. :happy175:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
C'mon, Tom - you won't be happy until you can fit a keg of beer under there. :happy175:

NO NO NO won't be running around like these Diesel Ram and Ford pickups ....10 inches of lift and 33s , 3 foot of room over top of the tires.:thumbsdown: No have to fill the wheelwell up :icon_lol:

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NO NO NO won't be running around like these Diesel Ram and Ford pickups ....10 inches of lift and 33s , 3 foot of room over top of the tires.:thumbsdown: No have to fill the wheelwell up :icon_lol:

Yeah those are not fun to drive either. :thumbsdown:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If set up right most any vehicle can be fun to drive. 2 of my DDs back in the late 70s early 80s were a 79 Ford F150 shortbed with 40s and a 77 Dodge shortwheelbase van also on 40s. Heck both wore out several sets of tires and made trip all over the East Coast.
But some of these now days they install ridiculous high lifts, larger tires, never regear, never beef up the steering etc so yes they are a bear to drive

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tom, that's a much more precise unit of measure :icon_lol:

I measured just now and it seems to be exactly 19" from mid wheel to the bottom of the flare. I included a picture to make sure I'm measuring it properly. It measures the exact same on both sides.

It drives real stiff and smooth. When I drove it home, there were a lot of dirt roads with big pot holes and bumps that would've shook my old Saturn to pieces. Could hardly feel them (OR hear them)!:gr_grin:

You must be registered for see images attach

Yours is sitting about a half inch higher than mine in front. But that is soon to change with the OME lift. :waytogo:

I think mine is so low because the previous owner used it to tow behind his motor home and always kept the Stowmaster tow bar attached to the front. I took it off and gained 1/4". I will be towing ours behind the motor home, but will always take that heavy tow bar off when not using it.