Bought an 89 XJ Great deal!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04jeepkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was looking around the local forum and came across this, after making a phone call back to the states the XJ was mine. So i have a new toy to play with when i get back to iraq. and the KJ will still see the trails too. . .

I was going to part this out but i figured i would try tp sell out right first. You have all seen this before its an 89 Jeep cherokee XJ that is somewhat built and geared if you were interested. freshened up engine from a 130,000 mile renix 4.0 that was still running when pulled was installed but it has low oil pressure when it warms up about 40 PSI. It does not make any bad noises like the old one did and we were driving it all day monday in the snow with no problems. Has a winch bumper, 8.8 rear with limited slip and 4.10's, SYE and tom woods drive shaft, 4.10 gears in front with posi lock cable, 5-crager soft 8's with 33-inch Mickey Thompson Baja AT's. and a 6.5 inch rustys lift with JKS quick Disconnects. All lift, sye, and tires were bought and installed in march of 07 and the 8.8 has 40,000 miles on it and is from a 2002 explorer with disks and 31 spline axles it was professionally installed in May 08 using the rubicon express kit and the pinion was rotated to give it a better driveline angle. The front axle was regeared in June 08 at a local gear shop, called the gear box. The truck originally came from texas, still has the inspection sticker on it, so there is no rust at all. After the engine swap we installed a new e-fan from a 1999 xj, 10 blade fan that pulls more air, and new fan clutch. It does not overheat anymore and stays really cool. also have thermostat housing and overflow bottle from a 99 to swap to an open system if you wanted to. The alternator and starter are newer and the water pump is new. We also installed a new timing chain when we did the motor swap. This truck drives great on the road and the trans is solid. The driveline in this truck is fresh with less than 50K on it and It has a transmission cooler for added protection against heat and is wired for fog lights. This truck went everywhere i pointed it and never hesitated even with the bad motor. With the new one it would is a rock solid wheeler all you would need is lockers. Looking to get at least $1300 for it but shoot me offers. If it does not sell i wil part it out.

You must be registered for see images

04jeepkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you still have this?

Yup had my dad buy the XJ for me while I am in Iraq.

The XJ is sitting next to my KJ back home both waiting for some quality time. I just ordered some goodies for the XJ. New skids for the engine, t-case, and gas tank. Also ordered a rear bumper and tire carrier, bushwacker fender flares all the way around and some quarter pannel protection. I hope the KJ doesn't get too mad she has some parts on the way as well. . .

You must be registered for see images attach