Bosch ICON Wiper Blades chatter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been running this set of Bosch Icons for a year at least. They have chattered from day 1. Every wiper blade Ive ever put on has chattered, depending on conditions.

You more than likely need to adjust the wiper arms if all blades chatter.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can bend the arm or (at least in the front) unbolt them and bolt them back in a better position.

One has to do with where it sets on the windshield (unbolt and move). The other (bending) has to do with angle rubber meets glass. I'd replace arms before attempting bending.

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Bending the arm is the ah well cheap way to increase pressure on the arm. best way is to replace the whole thing. You know those little springs on the back of the wiper arm will get weaker over time
Of course sometimes bending the arm will give it just enough to work better , little tweaking can go along way

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bending the arm is the ah well cheap way to increase pressure on the arm. best way is to replace the whole thing. You know those little springs on the back of the wiper arm will get weaker over time
Of course sometimes bending the arm will give it just enough to work better , little tweaking can go along way

Weakened springs, yes. Reminded me of those ridiculous double and even triple wiper blade assemblies that were the (stupid) rage a couple decades ago. Twice, three times the wiped surface with original down pressure. Perfect example of junk engineering to take advantage of idiots.

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Weakened springs, yes. Reminded me of those ridiculous double and even triple wiper blade assemblies that were the (stupid) rage a couple decades ago. Twice, three times the wiped surface with original down pressure. Perfect example of junk engineering to take advantage of idiots.

Bob

Triple blade available in many colors
Angry eyes
Eye lashes
, wish I could come up with some stupid idea like those that would sell a million

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can bend the arm or (at least in the front) unbolt them and bolt them back in a better position.

I've been attempting for over year now to try and get the passenger side arm re-positioned, its REALLY ON THERE. Even with PB Blaster and the works I fear I'll crack the windshield before it moves off the spline.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been attempting for over year now to try and get the passenger side arm re-positioned, its REALLY ON THERE. Even with PB Blaster and the works I fear I'll crack the windshield before it moves off the spline.

Small puller like a battery terminal puller works