Bosch Wiper Blades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
This winter with all the snow & ice was a good test, with one tearing.
You must be registered for see images attach

Problem with the Mico edge type, was the mix of snow/ice overnight really stuck to them.
The suspension of the mico edge did not help either, flat would be better.
For now, the passenger side is still in good shape.
Today for $29 (tax In) I installed a new Bosch Icon "Beam" 19" (19A) It wiped perfectly.

Features are interesting, but next winter will be the test.

I did not know Bosch made so many different blades.
https://www.boschautoparts.com/en/auto/wiper-blades
One thing about the mico edge was that the slide out blade itself was replaceable.
I wonder if I can get refills still?

kejobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has the Rain X beam style blades. Still do fairly well considering they were on there when I bought the Jeep about 4 years ago. Who knows when they were originally put on.

I‘ve used the Icon’s on several other vehicles in the past. They seemed to be hit and miss in how well and how long they worked. Lasted 2 years on one vehicle, put new ones on and they were junk in just 2-3 months.

Maybe you’ll have better luck with them than I did.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
The way they make stuff now a days is questionable. I drove around in snow storms with poor visibility.
By next fall, I want to do research & have a back up pair so if they fail, I got replacements in the Jeep.

mrlavalamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we just got some bosch beam style blades on our subie and they seemed nice, but anecdottaly about the same as every other beam style wiper I have had.

One of the blades had a defect in the edge from the factory (about 1/2" gap on the edge where it was nicked and caused a big streak, but a quick return and we were off and running.

Only bought that brand because they were on sale, if you buy them I would check them before you stash them in the jeep (any brand really, nobody has a perfect quality production line, but QA should catch stuff like that before it gets out the door).

I have had goodyear beam style on the jeep for a couple years now, which is really saying something because the sun here usually causes edges to fail in a year or less. Got them at costco so not sure if they were a special blend of features costco had them cook up.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bosch didn't work to well for me down here.
too bad these styles of wiper assembly doesn't allow for the blades to be replaced.