Borla Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KY Liberty

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Borla talking about headers for the Liberty. They said if they get enough requests, they will make them. I'm thinking possible group buy.

You can email them at [email protected]
You can call them at 877.462.6752.

KY Liberty

Reaction score
It will depend on how many people we get that will actually get them. The manufacturers know that only about 1% of the people that express interest typically buy. I doubt they will be cheap, but here is what everyone has been asking for. It's this or custom, which will probably cost even more. I think they could do a good job designing headers considering they designed my exhaust which I really like.

We should get as many people together on this as possible. It will ensure they make them, and should help to bring the cost down.

Talon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I`d suggest get a list from all the sites where you post of the people that are definately interested and post that list on each site to show that there is interest. Is there any way to get a "pay scale"? (i.e. 5-10 people = x amount, 11-15 = x amount)

The more info you are armed with, the better the chances of convincing people. I am definately interested but it does depend on price...and Borla is known to be expensive which isn`t exactly a promising thing if you get my gist. And then most of us usually don`t have the means and/or knowledge to put them on ourselves which means even more money to fork out...The majority of people with KJ`s on the boards simply do not have the funds to do the expensive mods.

I`m not trying to rain on your parade, just posting this in hopes the message gets across to companies not to charge a second mortgage for things if they want people to buy the products.

Mike

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
KY Liberty do you know what the performance gains would be on something like this?

Also I bet I'm gonna get some more noise out of them, =D>

KY Liberty

Reaction score
I'm trying to find out if there is enough real interest to persue this. I've already put over $7000 in performance upgrades, and will definately buy the headers if they make them. However, most the people on these boards complain constantly about a part not being available for the Libby, then don't get it when somone steps up to the plate and offers it. It's like my ram air hood. Tons of people said they wanted them, but I'm the only person in the world that actually bought one.

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be totally intrested in some headers, as long as they were smog legal (I live in California, and I don't want to remove them for testing)
and didn't cost $1000 dollars.
It's one of the best ways to gain horsepower, longer engine life and mileage.

Talon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tons of people said they wanted them, but I'm the only person in the world that actually bought one.

Well, at around $600 a pop, you think everyone was gonna just fork out the dough? I`m sure many, including me, would have jumped on it if the price was lower. $600 for just a hood, it just wasn`t happening. Especially when you have to spend even more to get it painted and installed AND we need other more important mods to get first, it`s just that we don`t have alot of funds available to begin with.

Mind you, this is not a rant against you. Just posting my reasoning about the costs. I would love to get these headers but we need a price range before we can even think of committing. (Cheers)

Mike

KY Liberty

Reaction score
Not looking for committments yet. Just how many people are really looking for headers. Borla said they would make them if there was enough interest. I would think they would be in the same price range as their other headers. Probably $600-$700. I would say to expect to invest a grand by the time they're installed. Maybe less, but I've found that almost every upgrade has ended up costing me at least a grand.

fujitsubo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your only doing the headers, shouldn't you just do the whole cat-back as well? I'm assuming the headers are slightly larger than stock or same, this would allow exhaust gas to escape faster with larger piping and muffler.

Talon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, you do both and you`ll get more out of each component...you should notice a nice little difference then. Add in the Optimizer II and whoa.:)

Just curious, not an expert on mechanics...anybody have a relative idea if replacing the headers would be an easy job for a mechanic or someone mechanically inclined to do or a PITA? If easy, it could keep the cost down. I remember on my `96 GT(4.6), the headers took about 3 times as long to do than the `95 and below (5.0) Mustangs.

Mike

KY Liberty

Reaction score
Talon, do you have the Optimizer II. What changes do they make to it?

Talon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, I don`t have it but heard it is good. I`m going on my Mustang mods experience from when I modified a `96 GT. Sounds like if you add an already impressive little mod, the Optimizer II, to a Header/Exhaust mod, you should get a nice noticeable increase in power. It`s not Supercharger territory, but it`s a nice power boost. Now, why does it all have to cost too much to do... =P~

Mike

KY Liberty

Reaction score
I would hold off on the KB Optimizer II. I just got my custom PCM back. It's a B&G Chrysler aggressive tune with no torque management that I got through KRC Performance who tweaked it for my mods. I'm getting the SKIMs programmed tomorrow at the dealership. It should make the Optimizer II look like a Jet chip.

KY Liberty

Reaction score
New PCM is in

I just got the keys programmed to my new custom PCM. It shifts quicker and firmer, there's definately a power increase across the board, it doesn't bog down from 2500-3800 rpm and then take off anymore, it launches correctly, and no torque management.

CoronaKJ

Reaction score
KY Liberty, I had a Borla exhaust installed on my Chevy Monte Carlo a few years back. I loved it! great quality and sound and performance. I would be greatly interested in an exhaust system from them. I do have limited funds so you know the story. With that said I would love a system from them if the price was fair.

Members online

No members online now.