boomerang replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your in a pinch you can source an upper control arm (boomerang ) at the salvage yard. I was lucky and had a good one included with my purchase of a rear axle.

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll definitely be keeping this thread up to date with my progress and I'll try to figure out the cost if I machine two brackets instead of just the one.

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic of the carnage of my broken mount. My bolt on bracket is not going to work. The bolt holes in the diff got boogered up pretty well. I'm going to go the welding onto the axle route.

You must be registered for see images attach

offroad cowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Darn o well guess ill have to order the weld on one. Soon cause the bushing are geting worse really quick

sent by telegraph from my k30

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After two weeks, the bracket I ordered finally got here today. Well worth the wait, this thing is solid beef. Now I can finish measuring and order the rest of the steel I need to build my mount.

On a side note, this thing is a lot bigger than I thought it would be. It's 12" long, 6" wide and 4" high. (For reference if anyone wanted to know)

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I took my bracket in to work with me tonight and welded it up. I've never claimed to be a master welder, but I think it came out great. You can see I got great penetration. Then I threw a quick coat of paint on it for now just to keep it from rusting. I'll have to grind a lot of it off again when I weld the rest onto it.