Body lift and suspension lift kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ALsJeep

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm a noobie when it comes to lift kits and need some help. I was wondering if it is possible to put a suspension lift and a body lift on a jeep KJ?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no such thing as a body lift for a KJ, It is a unibody. If it was a body on frame you could run a suspension lift with body lift. My JK has a very small body lift as well as a full suspension lift.

ALsJeep

Reaction score
Ok thank you very much. I guess I'll just have to look for a bigger lift then the 2.5 then. Any suggestions? Or would a 2.5 lift be enough ground Clearence for some obstacles while wheeling?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok thank you very much. I guess I'll just have to look for a bigger lift then the 2.5 then. Any suggestions? Or would a 2.5 lift be enough ground Clearence for some obstacles while wheeling?

2.5 inches of lift and a slightly larger tire helps, just depends on what yuo want in the end plus your budget.
I assume you are using a full spring lift like OME or Ironman. Both of thsoe you can add a clevis and or top plate for more lift. After getting up over 3 inches then you have to start looking at the Home page upper control arms
But again a little bit more in how you want yours to look, perform and just how you'll use it

ALsJeep

Reaction score
I was looking a a rusty's 2.5 but I'll take a look at the other lifts

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I was looking a a rusty's 2.5 but I'll take a look at the other lifts

Rustys= crap, same springs rate as stock and rear shocks are hydraulic, ( old style shocks)
Skyjacker the same way springs same as stock will sag sag sag
Rocky Road , well just stay away hit or miss, more misses than hits
Both above 310 springs rate, OME 927s for example that most use is 400 lb holds up better and rides / handles 200 times better than brand new stock ever did

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
listen to that guy ^^^ he knows whats up . literally

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You would be better off using your time to find a body lift for the KJ over installing a Rusty's lift. :icon_lol:

ALsJeep

Reaction score
thank you all for the input but iv decided to keep my WK for now and build off that. I was going to sell it for a KJ to build but I realized I already had a good jeep I could build off of.