Blacking out lights/tints

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
sorry guy i must have read this wrong, i thought he was saying he wanted to cut down the light coming out. Ive tested my lights and they are still really bright. i would never want to make anything dangerous. i just answered that wrong. The nightshades i used turned out awesome and they dont cut much of the output of light when they are on

My bad!
Most tinted lights do not allow all the light to shine through!
But what ever!
Like I said, it does look good having tinted turn signals, marker and brake lights.
It's just that all the "other" drivers who don't see, cannot see, or are just to stupid to notice another vehicles lights that concern me!
I guess that's why I am an advocate of Day time running lights!
And even then I drive with my full headlights on whenever I am out and about during the daylight hours!

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i agree with your light comment. isnt the statistic that if you turn on your lights your 50% more likly to not get in an accident. thats always stuck in my mind, and i leave mine on for roadtrips

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
i agree with your light comment. isnt the statistic that if you turn on your lights your 50% more likly to not get in an accident. thats always stuck in my mind, and i leave mine on for roadtrips

Yeah, something like that.
What I do not understand is that alot of North Americans have a problem with "Daytime running lights" and seat belts for that matter!
These people obviously do believe in safety.
Either that or they think that they are immune tragedy!

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I do not understand is that alot of North Americans have a problem with "Daytime running lights" and seat belts for that matter!

haha my other car has 4 point harnesses and a 4 point roll bar, nothing wrong with safty

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
AMPlibby06,
did you sand your tails before applying shades? It doesn't look like they were sanded.

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
personally, I like the clear front signal lights with an orange bulb. It matches the fog, headlights and lightbar lenses.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a word of warning, but check with your local Department of Motor Vehicles and make sure it is legal to tint the turn signals/front marker lights, head and tail lights.
I was ticketed and fined $296.00 for having smoked lens' on one of my other cars in addition to having to report back to the Police within 24 hours to prove that I had returned them back to factory specification so as not to be in violation again!
Just my ¢.02 worth!

Ryan

Slow crime fighting day in Canada, I suppose...

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score

We just don't like being told what to do. But worry not. That's all changing.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
haha my other car has 4 point harnesses and a 4 point roll bar, nothing wrong with safty

Cool, what is it?
My '76 Mini has a full Safety Devices eight point roll gage, Sparco carbon fiber seats and Sparco six point harnesses.
My '79 has a four point Auto-power U.S. built roll bar and RCI six point racing harnesses
Given time, I'll design and have a full cage installed in our KJ as well!
I think that will stiffen up the Liberty's uni-body alot.