Black screw!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive been trying to find some black screws to put in place of the awesome holes the dealer put in my front bumper for that stelar license plate holder. Ive been to Advance Auto, a hardware store, and walmart to no avail. :-s

Anyone know where I could find just a flat head black screw to put in place of the ones that hold the license plate holder on?

Thanks. O:)

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should know better than to go to chain stores for that. Mom and Pop hardware stores always have the good stuff. I just saw countersunk Robertson heads at True Value yesterday. No guarantee they are the right size, but the specialty stuff is always in stock at those stores.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gum + same color paint :D

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the_titan said:
You should know better than to go to chain stores for that. Mom and Pop hardware stores always have the good stuff. I just saw countersunk Robertson heads at True Value yesterday. No guarantee they are the right size, but the specialty stuff is always in stock at those stores.

Thanks a bunch titan. Ill be going back to school tomorrow so Ill check out some stores in that area. O:)

sgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster,
I think I have some at work. PM me your address and I'll send you some.........

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a possible idea. Not sure how well it would work, but if it did, it would look better than black screws.

Get black shoe goo fill the hole flush with the plastic. If reachable, place something behind the hole to provide better staying power.

libertydude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to fill..

Use tub caulk you find at walmart.. can get wet.. paintable. and looks factory when finished. and it's cheap

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tokyojoe1965 said:
Just a possible idea. Not sure how well it would work, but if it did, it would look better than black screws.

Get black shoe goo fill the hole flush with the plastic. If reachable, place something behind the hole to provide better staying power.

Ahh, never thought about do something like that.

Thats also a good idea libertydude..

sgoat is going to send me some of the screws he used on his. Ill just use those and see how that does. O:)

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my old truck, I got a couple of those plastic push pins that hold in some interior pieces in cars. Just pushed them into the holes. They were flat black, no screw head or anything, and were almost flush with the bumper...worked well.

My holes on my Jeep are exposed, but they are flush, and not even noticable, so i haven't bothered.

Members online