Black Grill on eBay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lilblkblt04

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Looking at changing out the stock grill on my Liberty for a black one. I found this one on eBay and it looks as though its not painted, just primed.

Would I need to paint it to keep it from stained, dirty, etc? I think it actually wouldn't look bad matte black on the front but not if it's all faded.

What do you think?

Ryan

KJ zGal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought one on ebay that was already painted black, but not clearcoated. After I crashed and got it back from the body shop they gave me one that was clearcoated, and it looked SO much better. Also, make sure you keep some kind of inserts in there. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-0...007QQitemZ170288252515QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

That is the place I bought mine from--It was here fairly quickly and in perfect condition--you'll have to break some tabs off when you go to put the inserts in (You'll figure this out when you try to put them in because they won't fit). Anyway, just my two cents. =]

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I bought one on ebay that was already painted black, but not clearcoated. After I crashed and got it back from the body shop they gave me one that was clearcoated, and it looked SO much better. Also, make sure you keep some kind of inserts in there. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-0...007QQitemZ170288252515QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

That is the place I bought mine from--It was here fairly quickly and in perfect condition--you'll have to break some tabs off when you go to put the inserts in (You'll figure this out when you try to put them in because they won't fit). Anyway, just my two cents. =]

Wow, the shipping on that grill is almost as much as the grill alone!
Still a good deal though. Was it an original Chrysler part?

Treyz02KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could have them paint it, and do a flat or matte finish. But the primer will absorb stuff that you wouldn't want to try to paint over.

NewJeepOwner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever purchased one of those chrome grills I've seen advertised? The ones I've seen look almost like some type of cover that applies over the stock grill..Any thoughts on these?