Bilstein FRONT 5100 Series Adjustable Height Shock (1-2.5" Front Lift)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ian-117

Reaction score

Does Bilstein FRONT 5100 Series Adjustable Height Shock (1-2.5" Front Lift) fits RWD ?​

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
They do, but springs lift, not shocks
How do you want to use them ?
Are you using them with OME aftermarket springs ?
Suspension is the same no matter if 4WD or just rear wheel drive

Wonder why it was posted in this section ?

Joey D

Reaction score

Does Bilstein FRONT 5100 Series Adjustable Height Shock (1-2.5" Front Lift) fits RWD ?​

They do. I bought some and OME springs. My mechanic tried the OME springs with said it didn't work and went with the oem springs and got 2 1/2 that way.i still have the springs and want to get the biltein shocks that will work with the new springs.But the stock springs with the 5100's seem to work really well.

Reaction score
I'd love to try the 5100's up front. Does anyone have good info on the adjustment range in terms of +/- from stock length?

Interesting that you got a substantial lift with the stock springs @Joey D , is the new shock adjusted to be shorter or longer than stock?

Joey D

Reaction score
I'd love to try the 5100's up front. Does anyone have good info on the adjustment range in terms of +/- from stock length?

Interesting that you got a substantial lift with the stock springs @Joey D , is the new shock adjusted to be shorter or longer than stock?
I got 2 1/2 up front which worked perfectly with the OME springs and Bilsteins on the rear. 2 1/2 all the way around. The 5100's up front had 3 different positions. I didn't really check it out carefully but I can go look and see what position was used. (Assuming it works the way I'm thinking it does)

Joey D

Reaction score
I got 2 1/2 up front which worked perfectly with the OME springs and Bilsteins on the rear. 2 1/2 all the way around. The 5100's up front had 3 different positions. I didn't really check it out carefully but I can go look and see what position was used. (Assuming it works the way I'm thinking it does)
I just checked. Looks like there's more than three settings. Looks like there's 3 grooves lower that could have given less than 2 1/2 . Makes me think it may be on the highest, most lift, setting.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
shocks do not provide lift nor are they supposed to
Springs provide lift
Using them with worn out used sagged, bagged stock springs is just a waste of money

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

No, please no

Joey D

Reaction score
The 5100 front shocks has a big snap ring that goes in one of several grooves on the OD of the shock. The bottom seat for the spring is higher up on the shock.. So where you locate the snap ring adjususts the height.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The 5100 front shocks has a big snap ring that goes in one of several grooves on the OD of the shock. The bottom seat for the spring is higher up on the shock.. So where you locate the snap ring adjususts the height.
When used with OME springs for example, NOT stock sagged out springs

Latest posts

Members online