Bilstein 33-185552 Shocks Sleeves

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score

sleazy rider

Retired moto tech and gearhead
Reaction score
They should have zip ties included to fasten them outside the body of the shock and at the upper mount.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
DO NOT BUY THE 5100S

Anyone thinking or wanting to use the Bilstein 5100 adjustable front shocks , think again
If you do want to use them, not sure why but,.....
You should not install them any more than sitting at the 0 mark, that is it
Any higher and it will create a disaster , degrading the springs within a few months
It preloads the springs which is very bad much like cheap spacer lifts do
These shocks should of never been built in the first place
4600s are cheaper , are the same internally , and are built for the KJs/KKs to keep the same spring perch at stock distances
Jeepinjarhead and I have discussed this and just today I seen a discussion suggesting someone use them
Please do not , unless you want to spend the extra money , set them at 0 just to say you have them
Questions ?

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew about the 5100S model after reading through the threads on here. Thank you for the replies everyone. It is much appreciated. I'll throw these on the Jeep on my next day off. They arrived yesterday and man they look nicer than my OME's did when they were new. Hey Tom do you still have that set of front bilsteins you were trying to sell?

Latest posts

Members online