bigger cams for a jeep liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJK381

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, haha i didnt realize how old it was until after i posted. id be intrested in the info as well. everything is getting the 3.7 now so who knows what could happen.

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need some info. How do you plan to use your KJ and what are your goals? Also, what year do you have, and what modifications have you already done?

AJK381

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all it has is a cold air intake, soon to have catback. its an 02. im just curious as to whats out there, not going to do anything now. id have to talk her into it and find some extra money. i guy i work with has a 3.7 in a ram and he was looking for info, im not sure what year it is maybe 03, 04. Thanks

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get just about any grind you want through The Fastman or KRC Performance. You will need to be very specific on what you want to get out of it, and what other modifications and specs you will have. If you're looking for low end, something in a 200 like in the 4.7 HO would probably be good. For mid range, probably a 206 and a higher stall converter. For either one you're going to want a B&G flash, upgraded intake, throttle body, cat back, and should have headers too.

I hate to break it to you, but considering the weight of the Ram, your friend should probably trade it in for one with the 4.7 or 5.7.

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JBA makes headers for the '04-'05. It would be a custom install for an earlier KJ, and I don't know about the newer ones. They do make a set for the Nitro with an EGR that could work. I don't know if the newer KJ's have an EGR. Since I have an '02 made in '01, my JBA headers have been setting in a box for a few years. No one around here will touch a custom install of them until the cats are out of warranty 8 years/80k miles. I'm almost there. They will be going in this summer along with new high flow cats. Even though places list them for sale online, they typically don't have them and the wait is usually many months because JBA almost never does a manufacturing run on them.

reddirtxk

Reaction score
Heck forged pistons will cost you at least $600-$800(if not more),PCM tune is about $400+,Higher flow fuel pump and injectors at least $600,The turbo set-up and fabricating/labor for all of this will be $$$ to,and the all the little things add up fast(hoses,extra piping,plugs,and so-on).Can't see doing it for much less then $3000 if you do almost all of the work yourself.Then you got to upgrade the drivetrain to and that's $$$$ also.
Still cheaper than a hemi

reddirtxk

Reaction score
i have a 09 bare block that I would like to do something with eventually, ie. h beam rods or something if the like. I have an 08 Commander with the 3.7l but I use this forum because it has more knowledge than the XK forums. Mainly because nobody wants a 3.7l commander.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

• Haha
Reactions: klc

Latest posts

Members online