Big "KLUNK" and the window quit working..Happen to you ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joeg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heard a big klunk in left passenger door and the window quit working. Switch didn't do anything but you can raise and lower with your hands..

Anyone familiar with this?? Under Warrenty,,dealer to fix tomorrow....

dnm45227

Reaction score
sounds like the problem i had with the town and country, it was about 200 to replace the part (can't recall the name). i tried to do it myslef, but with all the cables i was in over my head (never even seen one replaced before). the guy at the body shop says you need an extra large rivet gun to replace the unit as well, which i didn't have anyway.

joeg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup..Regulater it was....Dealer fixed it and did blower recall in less than an hour. Didn't cost me a thing but billing charges showed $199.97

reload40s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It happened to me last Thursday, it will be in the shop tomorrow. I don't use the window that broke very often and the Jeep is barely a year old. I wonder if they will all do that in the near future.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use my windows everytime Im in my Jeep. I do not use the A/C that often so I must roll them down. Ive yet to have a problem in almost 4 years..

BoyNamedSue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2007. The driver side window was coming up then pulling to the right, then pulling back to the left to get back on track......made a unhealthy sound while doing this.

I sprayed WD40 in the track on both sides and it has worked fine since then. I hope it keeps working.........don't want the dealer tearing my door apart.

Not sure what causes this, but I have had the Jeep covered in dust every weekend since I got it, so the dust must get in the tracks and make it difficult to move the window.

rdonn

Reaction score
My drivers window was going up crooked, then would straighten up near the top. I took it to dealer before it broke completely. They replaced the regulator. About 2 weeks later I was raising the window and when it got to the top there was a loud grinding noise and the glass fell into the door but did not break. Dealer said the regulator was defective and replaced it again. About 2 weeks after that the LR window made the same noise but didn't fall. Dealer replaced another regulator and did the blower recall at the same time.

Needless to say, I'm starting to detect a pattern here. (and getting to know the service guys pretty well)

cowdogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 03 and the rear windows are each on their 3rd regulators after today. It is an easy fix to do yourself. I bought mine new but have since found a guy on Ebay that sells re-manufactured units for $50 and he gives a one year warranty. That is a really good deal. Hope that helps.