BF Goodrich - All-Terrain T/A KO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jmoo27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was thinking about getting a set of these on my stock rims anyone know if there worth the 550$

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are good tires. Last a really long time if taken care of and rotated regularly. But the General Grabber AT2 are almost exactly the same tread, and are usually considerably less expensive. Grabbers are a good tire too. Personally, I would look at the Treadwright Puma or Warden. Warden is same tread as BFG AT. I had a set of the Pumas and they were great tires.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
i heard two of the local guys talking about the grabber at2 and the bfg at... basically they said the at2 was almost a more agressive tread.

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You be the judge...

BFG All Terrain TA KO
You must be registered for see images

General Grabber AT2

Treadwright Warden

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been debating over the BFG and Grabber AT2 for a while

Pretty sure I'll go with the Grabbers. But, I've heard nothing but good things about the BFGs as well.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have never liked Generals but that goes back to being in the tire business years ago
but if I only had to choose between the Grabbers and BFG ATs I'd have to go Grabbers.
BFGs used to be good but any more there are a lot of better tires out there for the same money or less.
I ran BFGs for years but not anymore
just my plug nickel

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as you never leave the pavement they will be fine.They have extemely weak sidewalls and cut very easy.

After running those AT's and then there MT's and getting 6 cut sidewalls in less then 200 miles you couldn't pay me to run a BFG tire anymore.

Jmoo27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i heard they really suck in the mud because of no cleaning tread so it just looses grip and stuff , i think i might go with the pumas or wardens

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I ran the BFG's as my last set - 245/75, E rated. I put about 67K miles on them. I had no issues with cut sidewalls with (what I would consider) moderate offroading. They do suffer in the mud (as I'm sure a lot of AT's do), but they were great in the snow/ice, and in sand.

If not for the deal I got on my Moabs/MTR's, I would have went with one of the Treadwright MT's as my next purchase. Not because I don't like the BFG's... but because I wanted to try something different with a less expensive pricetag.

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had BFG's on my Ford Ranger. They were decent tires relatively speaking, but just too dang expensive. Tire Discounters by me has Toyo Open Country AT's 245/75/16 (P-rated) for $149 mounted/balanced/etc, and includes a 4 wheel alignment when you buy a set of 4. Really can't beat that deal.

I had a set on my Ram and they were some nice tires. For the $$, I can't find a better tire.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my .02
AT's are really good at every thing but great for nothing
they will suck on the highway compared to a highway tire
and they will suck off road compared to an MT
The BFG's do have weak side walls ,I have bounced off of roots
running $70 each Remington Mud Brutes ,cheep MT's
and guys running BFG MT's are getting stick smaller than my pinky finger
through the side wall ,not good

sparkman70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have bfg on my jeep and they have being the best in mud and snow but price tag is a little hard to take.

sparkman70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
really?
the "best in mud"?
best compared to what?
the Michellins on my wifes VW?
or the Super Swamper LTB's I had on my TJ

Sorry about that,i had goodyears wrangler a/t on my jeep and they suck in the snow and mud i just slip all over the place.I had on my F 150 some michellins xtc and they were good tire

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive got bfgs on right now. i got them as a gift so i will ride them until they are dead but that being said.....they suck on ice and rain, they are ok in the snow but no where near great. when they die i will be looking elsewhere for tires