better back-up bulbs than 3157 for a liberty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billweaponsman

Reaction score
Ive noticed on my misses 2004 liberty with the dark tint factory glass that backing up on a rainy night is a pain. back-up lights look like candles when lookin through that glass, any brighter bulbs i can put in those sockets? 4057,4157,super brite LED, or something else? anyone else have that problem, she has already said no other lights installed back there so im limited as what to do.

((some people are like slinkies,they serve no useful purpose in life but bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of steps.)) :-&

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would also like to know this. Ive always thought about putting some up under the bumper on the skid or something but figured they would get tore off on a rock or something...

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
I would also like to know this. Ive always thought about putting some up under the bumper on the skid or something but figured they would get tore off on a rock or something...

what about mounting some on the hitch

alpnst

Reaction score
I was at pep boys the other day and saw 55watt 3156 bulbs for back up lights. I was worried that the high wattage might melt somthing. Would be alot easier then installing additional lights though.

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want a reverse light mounted on my roof! Love those ones...

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used either the replacement halogen back up bulbs or the one advertised in Cabella's above that plugs into your 7-way recepticle??

How well do they work??

I was just wondering. I would like more light when backing up.

Whelan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are all good ideas, but I would think that he is more atuned to just the bulbs not a new set of lights. It seems you wont be spending a lot of time back there unloading a trailer or what not so having a steady beam on all the time is unecessary. I would not worry about the wattage. The bulb will not be on for more than what, maybo 15-30 seconds tops. Hardly enough time for a bulb to heat up so much it causes damage. Get a high watt 3157 bulb and you will be all set, 55W should be fine. But do yourself a favor and test one side before installing both just to make sure you like the outcome.

Me and my gf dont worry about whats behind us, we usually just back up over it and go YYEEEEEEEHAAAAAA!!!!

You must be registered for see images

Not bad for 2 minutes at the office with just paintbrush, lol!

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was probably the worst photo chopping I have seen in a long time!! However, the idea that the cop car was backed up on makes it funny.

lol

Whelan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol I know its pretty bad. But when your supposed to be working its hard to spend time playing with pictures on your screen lol. Best I could do in a very short time. lol. I figured the cop car would be a hit.

TopShapeCabby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
billweaponsman said:
Ive noticed on my misses 2004 liberty with the dark tint factory glass that backing up on a rainy night is a pain. back-up lights look like candles when lookin through that glass, any brighter bulbs i can put in those sockets? 4057,4157,super brite LED, or something else? anyone else have that problem, she has already said no other lights installed back there so im limited as what to do.

Did you find/try different bulbs to get better lighting when backing up?