best lift kit for the money?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jon112

Reaction score
hey
i have a 03 jeep liberty that im going to start moding in the summer.

wats the best lift kit to get your liberty a little higher like 2.5, 3, maybe 3.5
and wat size tires could i put on with a lift of that size?
how much would u think tires ,wheels, lift kit would cost plus installation.

thanks

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much research have you done on those questions? I only ask because just a few posts down there is a thread about "Lift Kit Install Prices" and then if you search for your questions a ton of other threads come up.

Sorry about coming at ya but this site is so great at giving information we have a plethora of it, just have to run a quick search. If you can't find an answer then come to us and people will be glad to help. To make it simple though here is my ideas:

1.) RUSTY's Lift Kit is 2.5" and set at a great price $450 I think. This is a full coil spring lift.
2.) Tire size = 245/75/16's
3.) Tires Cost Approximately $500-$1000 (from AT's to MT's)
4.) Wheels can cost in upwards of $5000 if you wanna go with dubs (lol)
5.) Lift Kit is depended on what you buy. Rusyt's can hit near $500 and Frankenlift can run at $750+.

Good luck!

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lifts over 2.5 inches will smack upper upper control arms/balljoints against the struts and nuke your cv joints. Lift type depends on if you are a wheeler, wannabe or street mallrat, and how much you have to spend. There are some listed in the archives that are flat terrible. K Dje Ryu's first lift or instance.

steepcreekfreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd get a rusty's 2.5 with the OME rear shock. It's fifty bucks more. Rusty's shock *****.

You can put it on yourself it is not that hard. Save 300 bucks for new skins or skid plates.

Take the old struts to a mech and for about 50 bucks he will compress the old ones take em apart and assemble the new ones. Thats the dangerous part.

Get a Haynes manual it will help and put her back together. I would do a clevis lift on the front to while your in there. it helps compensate for sagging that will occur as the lift settles in. Do a search and you will find plenty of info on this.

The back end is super easy, took me like 20 minutes. Use a jack under the axle to hold it up and slowly lower the KJ on it to compress the spring enough to get the shock on. That way you don't have to fool around with a spring compressor.

Always make sure you use plenty of safety jacks!!!

Good luck. Putting a OME on is the best thing for a better ride in KJ