Best Driving Light?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RIPGTP1997

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of driving lights are everyone using on the front bumperor guard of their Jeep? I was thinking about getting Hella 500's. I want to be able to use them on roadways without blinding people, but I need the extra distance for those late night intersate runs.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the hella 500's, but would never use them when cars are coming. I use them just like the brights, turn them off everytime a car comes. You could adjust them down some, but since they are so bright I do not think it would help.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
I have the hella 500's, but would never use them when cars are coming. I use them just like the brights, turn them off everytime a car comes. You could adjust them down some, but since they are so bright I do not think it would help.
I agree. I also have the 500s and only use them when I have enough distance that I wont cause a problem for other drivers. I have been toying with getting some ff75s to go in the air dam, then aim them so they aren't a nuisance and use them in urban settings. The way I look at it, more light is always better as long as you dont annoy people.

RIPGTP1997

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand they are an extension of the high beam, to see farther than them. I want to use them on a new highway they built out here, which is pitch black, and i mean to the point if u step outside u cant see ur hand in front of ur face, but I use it alot cause it cuts my commute in half, but is a major deer crossing and i need that extra lenth of light at night to see farther ahead.

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score

sgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about replacing my existing Renegade's fog lamps with a set of Hella 500's. I noticed one of my lenses has taken a rock strike and the fact of the matter is, fog is not much of a problem out here in the desert Southwest. It looks as if I can use the same mntg. points and connections. Anybody out there "been there, done that" ? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

sqliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a set of warn sdb210's on mine, They have a low beam and a high beam.

You must be registered for see images

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i just got a set of 6" Pro Comp 100 W spots , i will give a review once i change out my Narvas Ultima 175's

Latest posts

Members online