Before+After

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gosh what an adventure its been, I think I like it though.

Before:
You must be registered for see images attach

After:

Just a small list of things Ive done.
-Draw tite in-channel vent visors. $?
-Pac adaptor for steering wheel controls. $70
-Xm tuner and adaptor. $100
-Draw tite 7500/750 hitch. $?
-Drawtite hitch wiring.$?
-Deluxe Mopar Mud Flaps. $80
-Mopar engine skid. $50
-Mopar ****** skid. $30
-Mopar Gas tank skid. $115
-Mopar tcase skid. $40
-Mopar tow hooks. $100
-Wet okole front seat covers. $315
-Hand held cb with magnet mount antenna. $150
-Ome 2in lift. $500
-K&N drop-in air filter$50
-Pioneer DEH-p660 cd player$300
-12in Mtx 7500 mounted in sledge hammer box.$500
-Mtx 400watt 4ohm amp. $130
-2 Custom mounted Hella 500's. $150
-15% tint on front windows and half of windsheild. $55
-Optima Red top. $100
-Custom mounted Mag-lite on drivers seat. $?
-Highland Front and Rear Floor mats. $100
-20,000lb tow strap. $?
-Custom Cabin air filter. $Free
-65watt fog lights bulbs. $70?
-Mobil 1 syn 10w30 engine oil.
-Castrol syn70w140 axle oil.
-Sylvania Silver Stars. $?
-4 Cragar 397’s. $258
-4 255/70/16 General Grabber A/t 2’s. $446
-Mopar Cross Rails. $90 Used
-Clear Turn Signals. $40
-Powertrax No-slip rear locker. $200 Used
-Moog Lower Balljoints. $130
-Some Stickers. $+15HP

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got any pics of your seat covers?

The tinted windows are so hot with the black rims, it makes the whole thing just look phenomenal!

jeepjeepster said:
-Some Stickers. $+15HP

LMAO (lol)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you really hate wranger HP's.. so many people have been bashing them, I have been using them since stock, now at about 27k.

What would you recommend getting instead of HP's for traction and highway, I got the same rims, so my choices are somwhat limited..

Thanks

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
My uncle has the Wrangler HPs on his vehicle.

I actually don't think those are THAT bad. My Toyo Open Country A/Ts are dramatically better. Now the Wrangler STs on the other hand..... ugh.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
Did you really hate wranger HP's.. so many people have been bashing them, I have been using them since stock, now at about 27k.

What would you recommend getting instead of HP's for traction and highway, I got the same rims, so my choices are somwhat limited..

Thanks

They were ok. I never had any problems not getting traction in the rain, but they were alittle slick in the corners when wet. Depending on what your price range is, I would get a good set of yokohama.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=Geolandar+H/T-S+G052

Haha, try these.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...e&partnum=365WR7ADST&fromCompare1=yes&place=0

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks

No summer tires for me.. Advan ST made me confused, they are so slim yet size says 235/65 17 :-s And I don't have time to swap tires in the harsh ny winter.

As for Geolandar H/T-S, they seem OK, they state good traction in light snow, but I had no major problems with HPs in two feet snow, it crawled through, ice was another story as it slid a lot.

I might go with same tires, I actually wanted rugged look and highway cornering traction, I guess you cannot get best of the both, and HPs might be the best choice. I am so blunt when it comes to rubbers, I have to take a class to understand tires. :-#

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
Thanks

No summer tires for me.. Advan ST made me confused, they are so slim yet size says 235/65 17 :-s And I don't have time to swap tires in the harsh ny winter.

As for Geolandar H/T-S, they seem OK, they state good traction in light snow, but I had no major problems with HPs in two feet snow, it crawled through, ice was another story as it slid a lot.

I might go with same tires, I actually wanted rugged look and highway cornering traction, I guess you cannot get best of the both, and HPs might be the best choice. I am so blunt when it comes to rubbers, I have to take a class to understand tires. :-#

Ohh gosh, dont get the hp's again. There are so many other tires out there that are better and cheap! I thought you wanted a pure hw tire. Look around on that site, they have ratings for all the tires and everything. The best part is to read what everyone says about the tires.

All of these tires are awsome and some of them are cheap. The revo is what everyone gets, but there are cheaper tires that are just as good. Such as the yokohama geolander.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=Geolandar+A/T+Plus+II

Here is the tire I have, alittle loud for a jeep that doesnt go offroad:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=Grabber+AT+2

The revo which cost way to much:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Dueler+A/T+Revo

Firestone:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Firestone&tireModel=Destination+A/T

Goodyear which cost way to much:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Wrangler+SilentArmor

Look around, there are plenty of great tires out there.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
:( thank you very much for the suggestions, but non of them had 235/65 17 option. I am now trying the "tire decision guide" at tirerack, to see what it will choose for me. But the results seem not very good, both expensive and not good looking tires.

I am suprised that when I click on bestseller, I see HPs there, but the ratings are aweful (it is still the better looking in the bunch)

I kind of liked "Goodyear Fortera SilentArmor" and "Michelin Cross Terrain SUV" and both higher priced. I am at 26k on my Goodyear HPs I hope to put over 32 before replacing them, but I think I may go ahead and get them by end of summer..

Here are all the 235/65/17s I can get on Tirerack:
http://jeepprojects.com/images/Compare Tire Search Results1153104877319.jpg

newbie question: how do I get the tires on the wheels when they ship them?

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
hyedipin said:

go to a shop. when I ordered mine, just loaded them up on the jeep, and brought them to my guy (MIC tire pro's in Northern by the stop and shop)
paid 70 to have 5 mounted.

MarineKJ

Reaction score
If your wanting a HWY tire, get the TOYO PROXES S/T. I got 4 mounted and balanced for $638. Had them for about 20,000 miles and look brand new still. BTW, I'm ******* tires. They do great in the rain and very great on dry pavement. I don't know about snow, but they do pretty well in light mud also. Very happy with them. The only street tire I'll ever put on the Jeep. I have the 17in wheels also. Go with this tire, it will never disappoint you.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
:( thank you very much for the suggestions, but non of them had 235/65 17 option. I am now trying the "tire decision guide" at tirerack, to see what it will choose for me. But the results seem not very good, both expensive and not good looking tires.

I am suprised that when I click on bestseller, I see HPs there, but the ratings are aweful (it is still the better looking in the bunch)

I kind of liked "Goodyear Fortera SilentArmor" and "Michelin Cross Terrain SUV" and both higher priced. I am at 26k on my Goodyear HPs I hope to put over 32 before replacing them, but I think I may go ahead and get them by end of summer..

Here are all the 235/65/17s I can get on Tirerack:
http://jeepprojects.com/images/Compare Tire Search Results1153104877319.jpg

Forgot about that hyedipin, the firestone is the only one of those choices that has the 235/65. Many of them have the 245/65 if you ever want bigger.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jfortier777 said:
Got any pics of your seat covers?

The tinted windows are so hot with the black rims, it makes the whole thing just look phenomenal!

jeepjeepster said:
-Some Stickers. $+15HP

LMAO (lol)

Finally found some pics fortier:

I take the back off in the summer b/c they make me sweat ALOT. The bottoms is really all I need protected anyway. Ill put the backs back on this winter. Thats alot of backs. :-s