2003 Jeep Liberty 4X4 - Trail Ready!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rescu2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Located in Huntingdon, TN (2hrs West of Nashville)
Price $7,900
Can drive to meet up to 2-4 hours away for a serious buyer.

Well folks, I hate to do it but it is time to sell my 2003 Jeep Liberty. I have loved this vehicle but I bought a 4-Door Wrangler last year and the Libby is getting driven less and less. So rather than let it sit and go to waste.

Specs:
2003 Jeep Liberty Sport
3.7 Liter V-6 w/ Automatic Transmission
90,000 miles (almost exactly, just flipped over this week)
Renegade Roof Rack
Renegade Roof Lights

OffRoad Changes:
Warn Winch (wired to the sunroof switch in the cab)
About 3" of lift with DIY Frankenlift style lift (OME's, Rancho's)
JeepinbyAl Upper Control Arms
Detroit Tru-Trac Limited slip in the front
Aussie Auto Locker in the rear
Spydertrax Wheel Spacers.
265/75/16 (32") Goodyear Wrangler Authority Tires (X5) with less than 3k miles on them (one has never seen pavement!) - Some tire rub at full lock downhill/reverse
Rear shock mounts cut and raised about 2" to keep them from hitting rocks.
Diff breather tubes extended

Armor:
Custom 3/16" Steel Front Bumper
Custom 3/16" Front skid plate to the Engine skid
Mopar Engine Skid
Super Skid II belly skid
Carolina Rock Shop Sliders (w/ bar)
Mopar Transfer Case Skid
Kilby Gas Tank Skid
Custom 3/16" Rear Bumper with swing away tire carrier and Hi-lift mount.

Audio/Electrical:
Alpine head unit
8" subs hidden under the front seat
Amps and crossover hidden under a false deck in the rear. It still had all of the cargo space.
Altec Lansing seperates mids and highs.
CB Mounted next to steering wheel.
Custom EVIC Upgrade
Power Dimming Rear Mirror

Other:
Currently has BBS Rx Rims (about $400 each) but they are scratched up some. Could be reconditioned and sold if you are so inclined.

The Bad:
Minor scratches that should easily buff (not many either)
One dent on the passengers side that is from dropping a tire (from the roof) on the side one time. Not noticable from a distance. Hasn't bothered me enough to fix it.

Performance:
Amazing, these tires grip great, drives good on road and off. With all four wheels locking up in muddy, slick conditions this thing just walks over obstacles. You can not get the ground clearance you can with a wrangler due to the tire size limitations (i.e.; You can't put 40's on it without a SFA swap). But I have taken this thing places where Wranglers have gotten stuck without issue. I have a video of it crawling a rock ledge about 4' tall. And we all know that there appears to be a huge variation in the strength of the D30A's. This one has snapped an axle shaft in half without breaking. It appears to be a good one. This vehicle has been used off road but I have fixed anything I broke as good or better than stock. Very reliable, very dependable, starts after sitting for 3 weeks, doesn't burn oil (I only use synthetic)... I would trust it going anywhere and plan on driving it from Tennessee to Moab if I don't sell it. Air blows cold, Heat will run you out of the vehicle if you don't turn it down.

Clear TN Title in hand

Kelly Blue book lists this for $7,965 in Fair condition and $9,415 in Excellent condition. I would rank it Good condition at $8,865. You could easily part out the add ons for $3-$4k (selling them used). I'm willing to sell the whole thing, with all of the extras mentioned for $8k.

You must be registered for see images attach

Rescu2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope. I feel like it has plenty of power with the 3.73's in there. In low range offroad it pulled like crazy. I had a guy test drive it today in Nashville. This guy owns a V10 Ford F250 that he wants to trade for the Libby and I mentioned to him that he could regear to 4.10's to get more bottom end. He gave it some gas at the light and said "Nah, it has plenty of power".

I think I have heard that the ******'s may have something to do with that too. The 03 may be better on that than an 02 for example.

0240kliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea thats true but hey you have a great looking liberty! itll make some one happy for sure i guess ill stick to the 245s and play it safe lol

0240kliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you decide to part with the bumpers ill take them off your hands or if you dont mind messaging me where i might be able to find them.

Rescu2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but the bumpers are custom one-of-a-kind. I made them myself out of 3/16" plate steel. My first metal fab project actually. I fab'd them up out of 3/16" foamboard first to make sure I liked the looks of it, then transfered those pieces to the plate steel to cut the pieces. I was very pleased with how it came out. I always planned on adding a hoop, but never got around to it.

The front bumper has 1/4" 2X2 Angle iron rails that slide down inside the unibody rail about 12-15" and then get bolted in place with six grade 8 Bolts. It isn't going anywhere. The rear mounts the same way the gast tank skid mounts. Bolts to the rear frame rail.

0240kliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but the bumpers are custom one-of-a-kind. I made them myself out of 3/16" plate steel. My first metal fab project actually. I fab'd them up out of 3/16" foamboard first to make sure I liked the looks of it, then transfered those pieces to the plate steel to cut the pieces. I was very pleased with how it came out. I always planned on adding a hoop, but never got around to it.

The front bumper has 1/4" 2X2 Angle iron rails that slide down inside the unibody rail about 12-15" and then get bolted in place with six grade 8 Bolts. It isn't going anywhere. The rear mounts the same way the gast tank skid mounts. Bolts to the rear frame rail.

if you can message me any tips you have on the construction i would appriciate it a ton, i weld every day and have contimplated welding something up for the bumpers but have no ideas where to start.

Latest posts

Members online