Be Careful Who You Hit if You Decide to Run!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Junkman2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my buddy calls me up a 9:00 AM this morning asking me if I had my buffer in my hands. I told him that I was waxing something but her name wasn't "car". Of all the nerve, he knows that I am either sleep or "working" that damn early in the morning! He's a bachelor too so he KNOWS better!
You must be registered for see images attach

Here's what happened. He's turning into a parking lot and some guy with no license decides to pull out and swipe the back end of his car. Realizing what he did, the guy decides to run. Bad decision. My buddy is a detective with the local PD and he was driving his unmarked Charger with a HEMI. So he chases the guy for a block and pulls him over. I told him that it must be nice having a cop around when you need one! :D

Bottom line is, this bumper will need to painted in order to make it 100% perfect, which means that he would have to turn it in to the motor pool. He didn't want to do that because he knows that he would get a hooptie to drive while they take their time fixing his. He wasn't having any of that so he called me. Here's the damage he showed up with.

Damage like this is going to require a more aggressive polisher than the PC-7424XP if you want to fix it sometime this week. At the same time, a rotary polisher could have easily MELTED this rear fascia considering how flexible it is. Since he was in a hurry, I had to just blast the job out. So I broke out some 3M Perfect-It™ I Rubbing Compound, 3M Perfect-It™ II Machine Polish, a flat surfaced green pad, a flat surfaced white pad and my trusty ol' Flex-3401VRG.

A couple of things to note. Normally I would have washed and clayed that area, and wet sanded that remaining scratch out of the paint. However, due to time restraints, I just did the "hook a brutha' up" repair. If you saw the finished product, you wouldn't have ever known that this car was in an accident. I told him to make sure that he reported it to Car Fax.

Here's the final results.

And because you all know that I never fake the funk, here's the flash test.

He asked me what I wanted for the job. I told him to dance like Calvin & Hobbs. He said he'll meet me at Texas Roadhouse.

My Lord, I would have loved to seen the face of that guy when his rear view mirror filled up with Christmas lights!

That's all folks!

The Junkman

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll bet the guy was thinking "Just my luck..." :happy175:

Junkman2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll bet the guy was thinking "Just my luck..." :happy175:

I like joking about, "Where's a cop when you need one!" In this case, right behind you buddy! :rotflmao:

Nice job! results turned out better than that shiny Weber in the back ground.

Bert

He looked at me as to say that now, the rest of the car needs work. I looked at him and said, "You're on your own buster!"

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really awesome work Junkman. You are like a magician.....making scratches disappear.

Dave

Junkman2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dave. It's a therapeutic hobby of mine. My new Jeep is black and it is covered in swirls so that's going to be a fun project that I plan on documenting and posting here..

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Dave. It's a therapeutic hobby of mine. My new Jeep is black and it is covered in swirls so that's going to be a fun project that I plan on documenting and posting here..

At least you got the right color KJ ( Jeep )

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for checking it out. I take it that you are a Indiana fan? We will be meeting on the hardwood very soon if you are. ;)

I watch a bit lol but I just made that my username since it's where I'm from. :happy175:

That reflection is so perfect that I can tell I have the same tie as your friend (assuming you don't detail in a shirt/tie).:happy175:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang junkman, you're a wizard!!

I have two black Jeeps and one of them has it's fair share of off-road rash, road blast and salt spray from Northern winters. The other is new to my stable and I haven't given it a super-close inspection yet. Would love to have both of them shine like that new/old bumper you took care of.

Great work! :waytogo:

Bob

Junkman2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bob. Keep in mind that once you get your shining like that, you are not going to want to drive it off-road anymore. I'm not an off-roader so I will be shining mine up and then avoiding dirt like the plague!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bob. Keep in mind that once you get your shining like that, you are not going to want to drive it off-road anymore. I'm not an off-roader so I will be shining mine up and then avoiding dirt like the plague!

the glare......where's my shades!

Dave

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^cool.........

Dave

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^Awesome. Looks like "Shelby" to me.......

Dave

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey junkman, welcome to JKJC. i've watched all your videos and have learned a ton from you. just want to say thanks for all the info you have contributed to the detailing world. we're glad to have you here. as always, excellent work on that paint.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.