bds lift kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
yep another lift kit question.....with ltd suppliers in the uk ill be ordering from the states I guess
I pretty sure ill be going for the BDS lift kit
2002-2007 Jeep Liberty 2" lift kit 442H | BDS Suspension

just wondered if any one out there has any experience with BDS

Thanks in advance :waytogo:

Just know that you'll have to also buy new front and rear shocks, the rears are cheap hydraulic ones, not gas filled and no fronts are included
So in the end you're paying as much for it as any other lift
PLUS they sell OME in the UK I am sure

UKKJLEE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just know that you'll have to also buy new front and rear shocks, the rears are cheap hydraulic ones, not gas filled and no fronts are included
So in the end you're paying as much for it as any other lift
PLUS they sell OME in the UK I am sure

Thanks for you reply OME Yes they are available had a quote £1000 think thanks approx. $1500 waiting on a reply what that includes

most kits BDS / rough country etc use the existing front strut , so yes I realise that's not included , I have questioned those rear shocks BDS offer no upgrade they say they are matched to the springs no need for a upgrade but I understand what you are saying , if I found them not to my liking I can always upgraded at a later day, its not going to get the pounding or use some jeeps do living in the UK most lanes are pretty easy going specially the use my jeep will be getting

Thanks Lee

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Do not try and run your old front shocks, unless you have upgraded them in the past month or so they are shot

UKKJLEE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
now having read every post there is 'I think ' on lifts I see strong recommendations on Ironman & OME....so I have decided on the Ironman simply on price I have done a deal with the local importer inc fitting and still £300 cheaper than the OME kit without fitting ..so I think a good deal,
before I cant make any changes to my order is there anything you guys can advise on the lift 40mm , I see there are trim packers listed , do I need these as well ?? I will be ordering a winch bumper at some point not sure how this lift will cope with the extra weight on the front ,

look forward to reading your responses and thoughts im going down the Ironman route

Lee

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The trim rings will effectively "stiffen" your springs to accommodate a winch or bumper, but I'm not sure how much.

Since you're going to be adding a bumper - I'd DEFINITELY go with the heavy duty Ironman springs. Even without the bumper, the HD springs will hold up better, and you'll still get a good ride out of them

UKKJLEE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The trim rings will effectively "stiffen" your springs to accommodate a winch or bumper, but I'm not sure how much.

Since you're going to be adding a bumper - I'd DEFINITELY go with the heavy duty Ironman springs. Even without the bumper, the HD springs will hold up better, and you'll still get a good ride out of them

as they only do 2 tyres for the petrol or diesel I assume you meen the 50kg + ones ? ill speak to my supplier I am a little worried going to stiff last thing I need is a harsh ride , I'll see if I can get std rears and HD rears or my other option maybe to put a small spacer in if I find it drops after the bumper is fitted
Ironman 4x4 Suspension - Jeep Cherokee KJ

2002 - 2004 Jeep Liberty Aftermarket - Steel Front Bumper Replacement

Warrior Apache 13000AP 12v Electric Winch with Synthetic Rope

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the Ironman HD's might be intended for the diesel but many guys on here use them for gas kj's, but seriously dont worry about the ride being too harsh. I have the heavy duty 927 OME springs, which I think I've read are stiffer than the Ironmand HD springs, and I love the ride. NOT harsh at all. In fact, I wouldn't mind it a little stiffer (giggidy)

If you go with too soft a spring and add a bumper and/or winch, it'll sag down the front end and you'll swap out to the HD's anyway. I started out with regular duty Ironman's, switched to the heavy duty OME's and to be honest I cant really tell much a difference in ride quality. And I dont have a bumper, winch, skids or anything up front. Do the HD's and you'll love them

Last edited:

UKKJLEE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the Ironman HD's might be intended for the diesel but many guys on here use them for gas kj's, but seriously dont worry about the ride being too harsh. I have the heavy duty 927 OME springs, which I think I've read are stiffer than the Ironmand HD springs, and I love the ride. NOT harsh at all. In fact, I wouldn't mind it a little stiffer (giggidy)

If you go with too soft a spring and add a bumper and/or winch, it'll sag down the front end and you'll swap out to the HD's anyway. I started out with regular duty Ironman's, switched to the heavy duty OME's and to be honest I cant really tell much a difference in ride quality. And I dont have a bumper, winch, skids or anything up front. Do the HD's and you'll love them

Cheers thanks for the imput ill speak to my supplier see what they say did , should I keep the std on the rear ? or stick with the HD all round ?
reason ive got the be with the ride firmness / softness is my mrs has a spinal injury prob never be 100% , I also have a Volvo s60 and she cant go anywhere in that the shocks of the bumps send a shock right up her spine , so if I stuff up this im in trouble lol

Lee

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HD's only apply to the front. I'm not aware of heavy duty's for the rear.

As far the ride quality goes, if she can ride in the libby now, she should be fine. I, along with just about everyone who's lifted their libby's with Ironman or OME, find the ride quality to be 100 times better than when it was stock. Personally, I found the factory set up to be rather harsh and unforgiving and found myself tired out after a short drive. After installing the HD OME's, I immediately found the ride to be soooo much more comfortable, and feel like I can ride in it all day. Bumps and potholes are absorbed so much better. I'd say it has a "softer" ride, actually. I was worried the HD springs would make it ride like a large truck on stiff springs, but it's nothing like that at all.

But - it's still a Jeep. It will never ride like a Benz. But put that Ironman lift on it, get a good set of tires, get it aligned and sorted and you'll love it. Worth every penny

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.