Battery issues Again!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Got the DEKA Intimidator AGM in today. 12.7V charge on it out of the box. Found the + - poles are reversed from the label side so installed with the label facing in. The POS O store brand battery was at 11.8V too even after some short drives yesterday and left overnight with only the smart charger to monitor it hooked up. Have had the OBD2 and both the phone wireless charger and dash cam disconnected while parked for the last 3 days
Will see how it holds up over the next week

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Still concerns with Parasitic drain?
Glad to hear you have the Deka AGM now. Let us know how the new Deka is holding a charge.
it's still a good idea to fire the Jeep up for 10 minutes each day, or put the auto trickle charger on for a while too.
Driving the Jeep for 15 to 20 min per day minimum is best though.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Have no trickle charger nor access to outside power
After the 20 min drive in, on shutoff and watching for 30 secs it was at 13.3V. So much better than the lead acid
I have now left all acc connected and a ODB2 connected. Will check it in 4 hours

I will be driving it for the next 4 days of work. Do also have a remote start and can get a reading from the smart (usb) charger that give me battery voltage thru the wall as my parking spot is right there

Last edited:

sleazy rider

Retired moto tech and gearhead
Reaction score
After the 20 min drive in, on shutoff and watching for 30 secs it was at 13.3V. So much better than the lead acid
I have now left all acc connected and a ODB2 connected. Will check it in 4 hours

I will be driving it for the next 4 days of work. Do also have a remote start and can get a reading from the smart (usb) charger that give me battery voltage thru the wall as my parking spot is right there

Glad to hear you're back in the green re: battery power.

Just a friend helping you spend money if your Liberty sits in the sun. ;)

https://www.amazon.com/Sunway-Solar-Maintainer-Motorcycle-Powersports/dp/B01MYVUSRH

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Good Idea! Solar charging does work well. I use one to recharge my jump pack/inflator/inverter while camping.
I've noticed when you own a Jeep, there is no shortage of things you can spend money on !!
We don't mind helping members spend $.:D
You must be registered for see images attach

Shankster

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Just on the off chance you have the same issue I had - vehicle would occasionally not start after sitting overnight and the almost new battery would be completely dead. Traced a parasitic drain to the radio and also the door lock switches. Figured it was the satellite radio the previous owner had installed so I ripped it all out. Still had the problem - finally figured out it was my ignition switch - I could pull the key out in any position and I was sometimes apparently turning it just past where I was supposed to before pulling the key which was leaving the radio (which I have the habit of turning off before I shut off the vehicle) and door switches energized. My ah-ha moment was getting out the vehicle one dark night and noticing the little LEDs on the door lock switches stayed on - going back in and re-positioning the ignition switch turned them off. Replaced the ignition switch and problem solved.

Latest posts

Members online