basic tire question for ordering new Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

terry

Reaction score
Hi,
I am getting ready to order a Liberty and have a really basic question. I know the stock tire is 225/75 16 Goodyear ST. My question is, what tire is the optional all-terrain 235/70 16? I have looked and looked and haven't been able to find out if it is a Goodyear Sr-A, AT-S, etc.

I was trying to find out if it was enought better to warrant the $245 extra dollars.

Thanks

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
Probably theSR-A's and......my advice to you....just take it w/ the st's or whatever's on there, and drive to a tire shop, trade in those tires, and get something like the bridgestone dueler revo's, bfg's or firestone destinations...

if you read around...the stockers leave a lot to be desired.

shops will offer some money to you if you bring it to them right after u take delivery..so ask some shoppes..and see what they can offer you...
the stock good years (all of them) are really bad...

2003KJ

Reaction score
They are the SR-A's. I used to have them on my KJ as I got the upgraded wheel/tire package for the sport. As Jon mentioned, dump em like the plague. I put Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVO's on a couple of months ago after about 2 and a half years of suffering with the SR-A's.....best move i've made yet.

LibertyCRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Any tire you get stock will be junk. So take the cheapest ones you can get...drive straight to a tire shop...and trade them in on some real ATs.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As Jon said, tire shops often will offer you a deal to upgrade. Just get this taken care of before you pickup your Liberty, so the shop has the tires in stock. The deal is you just have to drive straight over from the dealer first thing.

I did this with my TJ. I was able to get my Revos for half price this way! Sure, it's an added expense, but worth it in the long run. (biggrin)

gsbrockman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LibertyCRD said:
Any tire you get stock will be junk.

The OEM Wrangler SRA's are hardly junk.....had them on the '02 KJ and at 46k miles they still had 5--6/32nds of tread depth remaining. Never had to re-balance any of the tires but one.....and it required a patch plug due to a nail puncture.
Greg

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gsbrockman said:
LibertyCRD said:
Any tire you get stock will be junk.

The OEM Wrangler SRA's are hardly junk.....had them on the '02 KJ and at 46k miles they still had 5--6/32nds of tread depth remaining. Never had to re-balance any of the tires but one.....and it required a patch plug due to a nail puncture.
Greg

Boy I wish I was as lucky as you
:-k

Trade em in if you can!!!

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
heh..wear wise..they were pretty good..but..quality wise..(which everyone is pretty much unhappy about) as they say, the schitt hits the fan...