Ball Joint Recall # 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YAY Free LBJs. I'll go to the dealer just to make them do the work.

Edit: Wow, september. F that, I'm not waiting.

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just at the dealership yesterday. Obviously nothing was mentioned, but while I was there, I did have them check the LBJs, everything was fine. I wonder what they're going to do. Just more of the same, and lots of it???

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jfortier777 said:
YAY Free LBJs. I'll go to the dealer just to make them do the work.

Edit: Wow, september. F that, I'm not waiting.

Well the time has come. If they fail prior to this that *****, if not, the dealership will be seeing me. It will be fun to have them say "It's due to the lift" and me say "ITS A RECALL, DO IT!!"

bigcanoe

Reaction score
How do we used folks make sure DC knows who we are and get in on this recall?

JeepnJer

Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
800,000!! And just after I put moogs in! I wonder what the fix is?

Yeah, I wonder if they'll avoid the factory LBJ's this time. Geez, what if they go with Moog greaseables... maybe we should be buying stock in Moog now! Even with the expanded recall, which I knew was going to happen (Jeep's got an image to maintain), I'm still going to install my Moog's asap. I've only got 17K miles and my stock LBJ's already have
more free-play than I'm comfortable with.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RIPGTP1997 said:
I got the same message, now does that mean things were already repaired, or nothing was done to it?
Since you have an '02 limited, I'd say it at least means "We looked at 'em real good and gosh darnit, we just couldn't see what Jeep was atalkin' about. But since it was here and we had these parts shipped in special-like, we decided to throw these fancy-schmansy 'heat shield' thangs on there for ya. No, tain't no need for you to be payin' us sir, it's all part of the servicee here at Billy-Bobs' 'Jeeps and things that claim to be Jeeps'. Have a nice day..."

OH, did I say that out loud #-o

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And for clarification, this is what the 'heat shield' looks like:
You must be registered for see images

No it isn't actually blue, I just highlighted it to make it stand out, what with the Arizona Desert color scheme I have goin' on under there \:D/ So if you look under the front end and see these you know that a dealer at least LOOKED at them during the previous recall.

k21975

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fouros,

That link only brings up the page where you enter the last 8 of your VIN. Did you get a different message than the rest of us did when you entered the last 8 of your VIN?

Cableguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here's a question, are they going to replace them again if they changed them once already? Seeing as they put the same ****** LBJ's back in as they started with. I've got 35k on the replacements and they're going bad already. ](*,)

Cause we all know how usefull that flimsy ass aluminum heatshield is. :-s

Mini Sumo

Reaction score
Cableguy said:
So here's a question, are they going to replace them again if they changed them once already? Seeing as they put the same ****** LBJ's back in as they started with. I've got 35k on the replacements and they're going bad already. ](*,)

Cause we all know how usefull that flimsy ass aluminum heatshield is. :-s

This is my question also ??? Since they just charged me to replace the 2nd set of crappy joints that failed ! I'm going back to the dealer to get a refund !!!!!

Mini Sumo Was here