Back Home Temporarily

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back to the house, had some minor damage to the roof and all the fences are down, trees, branches and leaves everwhere, my neighor had 8" of water in his house, but fortunately I had none, this is the first day I was allowed to come back, and everrything is a mess, it is going to take a long time to clean up and 2" of rain last night did not help. I consider myself fortunate compared to what happened to tens of thousands of others, plus I have a get away place about 50 miles from New Orleans and had a place to stay although a whole week without electricity and running water, it was impossible to buy a generator and without electricy the well just wouldn't pump, but all power is back now and every day gets a little bit better, we lived a week on MRE's and they are really good, and some of the local churches in the area were providing ice and bottled water.
After we clean up as much as we can we are going to head back to the get away place, right now, food, gasoline and all the essentials are unavailable, at least where I am staying it's almost like there was never a Katrina,
Everyone take care and when I can finally get back to stay I know there wiill be a lot of reading to catch up on.

Bob

2003KJ

Reaction score
Good to hear from ya again Bob, glad your safe and didn't loose too much. You definately are one of the lucky ones. Somebody up above must be looking out for you O:)

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I am back, hopefully for the last time, Rita delayed the return, when I drove down the street it was really depressing, furniture, appliances, carpet, sheet rock remants piled up in from of all the homes, not sure if I understand how all these homes flooded with the exception of me and my next door neighbor, but I am really thankful, but I have a lot of cleaning up to do, all my neighbors trees fell in my back yard but I have to wait for the insurance adjuster

Bob

2003KJ

Reaction score
Glad to hear your home for good now. You might wanna consider snapping some pics for the insurance, just incase they try to pull anything.