Back home for the year.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Minimike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, long time no talky lol. I've been away all summer. My wife and I spend the summer in southern Ontario with family and friends. The jeep received several upgrades over the summer. First upgrade was new rear springs. I was towing a 3500lb camping trailer and the stock springs were not up to the task. I found an antique car dealer in the area and installed a set of variable spring rate springs from a 65 Chrysler wagon. I simple took one of the old springs to him and we matched them up. I got a 4" rear lift with the springs. They are much heavier and barely squat with the trailer hooked up. I also built a rear cargo shelf which works very well ( thank you to everyone on this site for the idea and how-to ). I was able to get some great off-roading done.

We pulled a utility trailer back up north with us this year. It weighted about 1200lbs loaded and we averaged about 14.5L/100 km or 16.8MPG, we drove non-stop except for gas stops for 1800km. The jeep has been working great aside from some dealership woes.

I am looking to get back into the forums activities. it seems I have hours of reading to do!!