Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dh010447

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I pulled a GNTX-187 auto dim rear view mirror from a Cheroke today - was taking the EVIC so thought I might as well have it too.

Just wondered if anyone has any experiance fitting this in a Liberty 2002?

The pin-out for the connector is here http://www.cherokeetalk.com/forum/f22/xj-zj-wj-auto-dimming-mirror-install-5810/

I have not installed it yet - was going to install it the same time as I install the EVIC. Not sure what I am going to use for the +12 yet... But, do you guys think it will be safe to tap into the same power source for both the EVIC and this? Dont want to blow anything up.... lol

Also, any idea where I might find a +12v reverse circuit to tap into?

Thanks guys!

beartard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put one in mine but found it's not all that helpful with the tinted back glass. Tapping to the EVIC wiring is no problem at all since you're basically just powering one segment of a big calculator digit. ;)

As for the reverse tap, I didn't bother with that. I couldn't think of a situation where I'd be backing up with headlights behind me powerful enough to cause the thing to dim.

By the way, did your mirror come wtih the cover for the wiring? If not, they can be had for about $7 on ebay.

dh010447

Reaction score
I put one in mine but found it's not all that helpful with the tinted back glass. Tapping to the EVIC wiring is no problem at all since you're basically just powering one segment of a big calculator digit. ;)

As for the reverse tap, I didn't bother with that. I couldn't think of a situation where I'd be backing up with headlights behind me powerful enough to cause the thing to dim.

By the way, did your mirror come wtih the cover for the wiring? If not, they can be had for about $7 on ebay.

That's a good point about the tinted back glass. Will give it a try anyway - nothing to loose. Will probably not bother tapping into the reverse circuit.

Latest posts

Members online