Aussie C8.25" Locker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they have FINALLY released it for sale!!

"It went perfect. A 45 minute install and very smooth operation both on
the road and off-road.

Item is now for sale on our web site."-Bill

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was it really that easy of an install?? How much?? So it is smoother than a powertrax??

Dave

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its $299, thats what Bill cole the president said, it is very similar to the powertrax but with less parts, so you have a less chance of something breaking.

I think I might try it out though, I almost have enough money I can get it. (biggrin)

96camarors

Reaction score
i have a 2005 will i be able to use it? and can someone explain how a locker works, im new to the off roading world and i dont really get how it works.

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a 2005 will i be able to use it? and can someone explain how a locker works, im new to the off roading world and i dont really get how it works.

yes, do you have the trac-lok? it is just a 'lunch box' style locker, meaning that is does not replace the carrier, but by being that way it means you dont have to have it professionally installed b/c you dont have to remove the carrier and have the gears set again, its something you should be able to do in your driveway in about 1 hour

here is how it works:
http://www.aussielocker.com/works.php/TM2350eb/2358/.html

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score

as long as you dont have trac-lock then yes you can use it

a locker works by forcing both rear wheels to turn at the same speed
when you apply power ,give it gas, when you let off the gas they can turn at different speeds

Now it should be known that in my experience lunch box lockers ,like the aussie, have a high failure rate
for me personally 100% and I know at least 1 other guy who is 2 for 2 on power trax maybe the aussie is better but I will never know because I will never buy 1
I would recommend a Detroit Locker ,hands down the best you can buy as far as fully automatic lockers go
yes it will cost you $600-$800 to buy one and have it installed so basically twice as much but they are ,well by my count, twice as good
I broke 2 lunch box lockers and never broke my Detroit and have wheeled it harder
for me Lunch box lockers 0 for 2
Detroit Locker 1 and 0
ARB 1 and 0
When the Power trax broke I was on a trail rated 4-5 on a 1-10 scale
and the second was on a 2-3
I have wheeled the Detroit on 3-4's on a 1-5 scale and no problems
and the ARB ,well it is an ARB
under this situation I would have not only been very angry that the locker broke but would have done major damage to my rig trying to get it off the trail with only the driver wheel pulling

Think about that before you buy 1
lockers can take you places you never thought your Jeep could go
if they fail how will you get back?
now is it worth saving a few $$ to take that risk?

jcj7161

Reaction score
Commit to the LORD whatever you do and your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3

Crikey do you have to proselytize?
There are devil worshippers on this site, aye mate

liv42dy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as JT said dependebility out in the middle of nowhere is my insurance. Detoit Lockers for manual ARB lots of $$$$$ but then, its ARB. Never knew what I was missing until I slaped the Detroit's in.

96camarors

Reaction score
ok... i think i am going to have to save a little longer till i get a locker. i still have to lift it and put tires on.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok... i think i am going to have to save a little longer till i get a locker. i still have to lift it and put tires on.

Locker and skids first
a locker will double your traction
well really it will add 25% but right now you only have 2 wheels pulling in 4wd
lock the rear and it will be night and day
Trust me
a locker will do much much more for your rig off road than a lift and tires
heck our KJ is lifted on MTR's and bone stockers with ESP walk all around our silly butts

2006 KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i waited for this locker to come out for a LOOONG time... but now my jeep fund's i set aside for it are used up (darn ARB and winch)... so i guess i'll have to wait for the locker again. is anyone looking into getting one yet?