AT3 tires- destroyed in just over a year!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Hey gang!

While I really was happy with my Toyo AT3 tires, I absolutely destroyed them over the last year. All are down to less that 50% tread. I mean I enjoyed every second of tearing them up, but need something a little more durable.

I know lots of folks run wranglers and wildpeaks.

Curious if any of the other hard-c0re vehicle abuse folks on here have found long wearing AT3s.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs for almost 100,000 miles (the same set of tires!). They were super durable but got really noisy on pavement by the end. Some folks have noted they can have weak sidewalls but I never hd any issues with that.

I’m currently running BFG KO2’s. Those are like iron and just do not puncture. No sidewall issues either. Just as grippy as the Duratracs off road. They were very quiet when new, less so now, but it’s a Jeep so I don’t mind. I don’t think they will wear quite as long as my previous set of tires but I think they have better on road handling especially in rain. Both Duratracs & KO2’s are mountain+snowflake rated.

I know BFG’s tend to be overpriced but I got mine on sale where they were not any more expensive than other brands on sale.

I’ve been happy with both Duratracs & KO2’s. Wish Nitto Ridge Grapplers came in a size I could run. If they did, that could be my next one to try.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I ran the 32 inch Duratracs for almost 100,000 miles as well on all kinds of surfaces
The Wildpeaks while I loved them only made it about 55,000
General AT3 or whatever they are LOL are doing well
All of the above tires were on dirt/ limestone back roads daily as well

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Johnny how many miles did you get out of the AT3s? Have they worn evenly?
Roughly 20 thousand. hard use. all seasons. I rotate regularly, but saw more wear on the front. Keep in mind however that there was a lot of rock in dry conditions involved and quite a few long runs on the freeway. I beat the heck out of these tires- probably more than they were intended. these tires survived two desert endurance runs, no issues beyond wearing out. they lose traction on wet pavement now if i horse the gas too much on takeoff.

Latest posts

Members online