as some of you may know......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tpd310228

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im at Fort Campbell, i was asking for some engine help the other day. well i only had 2 error codes, and asc mech came by and told me to test drive it for a little bit, well i did and this is what i got today -__- WORST DAY EVER lol

P0172 1/1 Fuel System Rich
P0175 2/1 Fuel System Rich
P2302 Ignition Coil #1 Secondary Circuit- Insufficient Ionization
P2305 Ignition Coil #2 Secondary Circuit- Insufficient Ionization
P2308 Ignition Coil #3 Secondary Circuit- Insufficient Ionization
P2314 Ignition Coil #5 Secondary Circuit- Insufficient Ionization
P0137 O2 Sensor 1/2 Circuit Voltage Low
P0157 2/2 O2 Sensor Shorted to Ground

WHAT THE HELL DO I DO?!

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like you have some coils to change. How does it run? Its gotta be mis firing like crazy

Loki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first two and last two are related. Both of the downstream O2 sensors are bad.
Downstream is the after the Cat (sensor 2).

P0137 is Bank 1 (left Cat) second sensor.
P0172 caused by the above fault
P0157 is Bank 2 (right Cat) second sensor.
P0175 caused by the above fault

tpd310228

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just replaced all the spark plugs, they were completely black and caked with something, same coils, started it up and its got a REALLY rough idle. so depending on my bank account, gotta check it lol, im going to drive it to autozone or oriellys and get coils and o2 sensors, if i cant afford both, which one is more important?

its got a pretty rough idle and some crazy vibrations

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With that many codes I'd be looking at the PCM.It's very rare to see 4 coils go bad at the same time,can happen but you have a better chance of winning the lottery.

The first two and last two are related. Both of the downstream O2 sensors are bad.
Downstream is the after the Cat (sensor 2).

P0137 is Bank 1 (left Cat) second sensor.
P0172 caused by the above fault
P0157 is Bank 2 (right Cat) second sensor.
P0175 caused by the above fault
P0137/P0157 can not realyy cause P0172/P0175.The downstream O2 sensors mainly monitor the cat effiecency and have no direct control over the fuel/air mixture like the upstream O2's.You should be able to remove both downstream O2's without effecting how the engine runs.

tpd310228

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With that many codes I'd be looking at the PCM.It's very rare to see 4 coils go bad at the same time,can happen but you have a better chance of winning the lottery.

P0137/P0157 can not realyy cause P0172/P0175.The downstream O2 sensors mainly monitor the cat effiecency and have no direct control over the fuel/air mixture like the upstream O2's.You should be able to remove both downstream O2's without effecting how the engine runs.

so get someone to check out the PCM and coils? i already bought the coils so i'll probably replace them, if its still saying same thing, i'll take them back and get PCM checked somewhere. idk where or who

Loki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will still say they are linked, jmo though. Maybe cause I drive around every so often and monitor the sensor outputs in real time, under load

As a some what quick check of the coils. Clear the CEL, swap The #3 and #4 coils and the #5 and #6 coils. See if the code follows from 3&5 to 4&6. If it follows, bad coils. If not, then???

O2 sensors should be about $27 ea.

I it were me... I would start with the O2 sensors and see what CEL codes fade into history.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online