Arkansas Grease Monkey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi yall. Been making a living working on vehicles since I was 14 in my Dad's service station. Still twisting wrenches at 60.

Bought my first Jeep in 1973, a M38 Willys military surplus. Loved my Jeeps ever since, though I've not owned one in several years. Remedied that with an 02 Liberty 3.7 Auto 4X4 a couple months ago.

In my "know what's wrong when I hear it" arrogance I assumed the cheap Liberty with a rattle was simply timing gear,,,,,,,,,,WRONG! New crate engine (and nearly 4 grand) later I now have a project Jeep.

Having done lifts (some good, others,,,,,kinda), exhaust bending and all manner of fabricating over the years I plan lots of experiments. Bumpers, rack, rock slides, et al.

Here to pick yall's brains, and maybe offer a bit of general auto experience along the way.

Bob

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome bob I know I could use any knowledge your willing to share

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome Bob and enjoy the forum. Lots of good info and helpful people here.

Dave

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! There are now officially enough of you to start a "Bobs" Forum!! Moderators?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome! (welcome)

I had three uncles named Bob and all were swell guys. Nice to have you here. :favorites13:

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't been on in a while, left the Liberty setting for the past year or better. Got a new starter on (O'Reilly lifetime warranty, this is #2). And have started on my own version of an all steel rear bumper.

I'm sure it won't be satisfactory to the standard nay-sayers, but they ain't paying my bills. :)