Anyone using 245-70r16?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ptulli

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Simple question. Anyone running these? I have a 05 Sport 4x4 no lift, thinking of just putting some on and going to have fun this summer, worry about lift next year.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Simple question. Anyone running these? I have a 05 Sport 4x4 no lift, thinking of just putting some on and going to have fun this summer, worry about lift next year.

First thing to check is if , well actually how much yours has sagged.
Measure from the middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare in front.
KJs sag any where from 1/2 to over an inch so while one person maybe able to run 245-70-16s someone else may not
I actually had a guy come to my place for a lift and his worn out 235-70-16s were rubbing ( 1.75 inches below stock height ! )
So start by measuring first!
So see not a simple question LOL

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I did before I did a full lift but I did a clevis lift and trimmed the plastic first. It is possible but like Tom said if you are super sagged it might become an issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have that size and my stock suspension is between 1/2 to 3/4" sagged, more on the front left.

It rubs under hard turns at full lock, but just a little. More than it should, obviously.

Looks much better with AT's in that size, though.

ptulli

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First thing to check is if , well actually how much yours has sagged.
Measure from the middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare in front.
KJs sag any where from 1/2 to over an inch so while one person maybe able to run 245-70-16s someone else may not
I actually had a guy come to my place for a lift and his worn out 235-70-16s were rubbing ( 1.75 inches below stock height ! )
So start by measuring first!
So see not a simple question LOL

Awesome, I will check that. What is the the stock height I should be seeing?