Anyone know what is this cable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ayylmao

Reaction score
2007 Liberty Limited V6

The other day while on the road I heard a noise that sounded like a cable hitting against sheet metal inside the engine bay. When I got home, I opened the hood to see if anything was loose… and I saw a cable dangling off a tube next to the coolant reservoir.

You must be registered for see images attach

I live in a place with lots of chipmunks so it wouldn't surprise me if one of them chewed through the cable… not sure how the connector came off though. Anyone know what this is? It looks like the fuel injector connector… The car still runs fine as far as I can tell? No check engine light (yet?). Tested everything except the air conditioner for obvious reasons.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome.
2007 Jeep Liberty was a cross over year just before the 2008 KK. Some things may be a bit different.
The Only thing I have to compare is my 2004, has also tubing & black clip on firewall and a similar connector leading to the AC pressure switch.
Is your connector attached at the A/C pressure control switch?

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is the abs wire.
Look to see if the other end to the sensor is still there.

Gyro

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could’ve been from a replacement wheel bearing and the person who installed it just cut old wire and left it

mercdudecbr600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one there as well, not hooked to anything. I only find it when taking air box out. No idea what it does.

jeeper03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not saying it isn't, but OP stated he had no lights on his dash, if it was an ABS wire wouldn't that throw a code for unresponsive sensor?

My guess is some Hackjob mechanic left it there when replacing the wheel bearing or sensor. It is 100% the abs connector though.

Duster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah best I recall on the right side of my 07 when I did my wheel bearings (with ABS) there was a wire that ran from the sensor up around through the wheel well and the connector was on the right side under the hood in the engine bay?

My thought is, if a mechanic did this job, he may have just cut the ABS wire when taking off the old one. Put on the new one, taped the connector to the remaining section you found, disconnected the cut wire at the connector under the hood, pulled it up through where it goes, undone the tape, laid the remains down, plugged the new one in to the harness, and forgot the remains where he laid them while plugging things up. Likely just a shortcut way to fish the wire through.

So if I were you I would look there first, and see if you are able to transfer the mount and shielding over to the new one if it is needed. I want to say the new one came with everything already on it and I didn't have to transfer stuff. But not 100% so worth a look.

Seems like I remember something about the right side wire routing being annoying. Can't remember if it was the actual routing, or if it was because they sent me 2 lefts instead of a right and a left and I had to figure out how to make do?

Latest posts

Members online