Anyone know how to/ever replace a door handle? (or have experience)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Red02Liberty

Reaction score
I broke off the back part of the rear right door handle on my 2002 and am looking for some guidance. I already ordered the replacement and it was cheap enough ($22)..I just would like some steps to go by before I ham fist something :)

thanks in advance

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've replaced the rear liftgate handle and believe they would be very similar. It was very simple and only had like two screws and a wiring harness to deal with. With the door you are on, the biggest pain is going to be the connecting rod for the handle to the door mechanism. I fought with that when figuring out my audio system and never did figure out the correct way to handle that as I gave up and had a pro do the speakers.

Red02Liberty

Reaction score
I might get some replacement speakers from Best Buy and when they take the door panel off, throw my new handle on :)

how do you like that hustle? I know those door things are tricky

Mangate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might get some replacement speakers from Best Buy and when they take the door panel off, throw my new handle on :)

how do you like that hustle? I know those door things are tricky

They are not so much tricky, as knowing the trick.

Red02Liberty

Reaction score
They are not so much tricky, as knowing the trick.

do tell! :D

my fingers are already sore from taking off the bumper, fender, fender flares and trim on the side...could use something easy for a change

Red02Liberty

Reaction score
so I couldn't get the door panel off, but got it pryed back enough to get my door handle off, and guess what!? the one they sent me doesn't fit! haha, WTF...so as if my Liberty wasn't janky enough, now I've got duct tape on my door handle hole :(

top one is the new one, buttom the old (obviously?)

Attachments

• DSC01761.jpg
    DSC01761.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC01763.jpg
    DSC01763.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 10

Red02Liberty

Reaction score
also, if anyone knows where to get a replacement 2002 Jeep Liberty Sport rear right hand side handle, that fits :eek:, please post a link in here

thanks

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
warning duct tap is a pain in the ass to clean up and the longer its on there the worse it is, You might want to look into using painters blue tape that removes with no mess

Red02Liberty

Reaction score
also, if anyone knows where to get a replacement 2002 Jeep Liberty Sport rear right hand side handle, that fits :eek:, please post a link in here

thanks

anyone know of a good Online auto recycler? I am having no luck finding a rear right hand side handle, just a bunch of ****** chrome covers

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.