Anyone installed the Kicker MOPAR speakers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buckethead

Reaction score
I'm looking for a sound upgrade for my KK in the next few months. MOPAR has a kicker set of speakers that are plug and play for the front components. Does anyone have them? Are they any good? They cost about the same as a set of 6.5 components.

I've installed plenty of custom speakers, and can make brackets and such to use the stock "tweeter" locations, but this just looks a lot easier.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt really expect to get a lot more out of just adding better speakers. You should be able to turn it up louder and get better sound quality since they wont distort as much but over all you will still be putting the same power to the speakers.

What are you wanting to get out of the stereo? More bass or just better sound quality?

Buckethead

Reaction score
I;m not expecting a great increase just from swapping out speakers. I think the factory system is pretty poor, and the highs just sound muddy. I do however like the factory HU for it's simple operation and features. (Wow, I must be getting old).

I plan on adding speakers, an amp and maybe a sub, if I can hide it. I was thinking under the passenger's seat or maybe in the bottom of the center console.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is your Jeep a sport? Do you know if you have the infinity system? The speakers in my kj are pretty good for mid's and highs but I have the infinity speakers. Ive got an after market Head Unit so I use a High pass filter to run highs to the speakers only. Keeps them from blowing but they sounds pretty darn good. I can crank it up as loud as it goes and they do not distort at all. Sub handles all the lows.

You wont be able to get a sub in the center console. Someone made some custom boxes and put them under the seats though. Believe it was an 8" sub but I cant remember for sure.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow, had no idea they had subs that small.

The infinity speakers were installed stock on some libertys as an option. I didnt add those. Only way I know to know if you have infinity speakers is to look at the build sheet or take the front speakers out and if you have a cross over mounted on the back of the speaker then you have it.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
For the price of those Mopar upgrade speakers, you can likely get a MUCH better speaker for the same price, and all you'd have to do is cut off the plug and solder your wires to the speaker.

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
Mounting just KICKERS in place of the full-range door speakers will suck anyway. You only need a sub-woofer that fits under a seat, that's a KICKer. When you use the erm KICKER, you want solid bass, nothing else. placing them as door speakers turns them info full-range speakers, and they won't perform well. Maybe use a set in the REAR doors, then use a low-frequency cut-off for bass only... Otherwise, they won't work like they're supposed to when used in full-range applications.

Buckethead

Reaction score
I think I was misunderstood. I was not planning on putting that Sub in the doors.

Kicker makes full range speakers as well, I was just wondering if the ones they manufacture for MOPAR were any good.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have infinity (premium) speakers or regular speakers? Sport or LTD KJ?
If you have premium setup, you still need to get amps to go with those kickers.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a 10" sub in a .6 cu foot box. Yes, it takes up some space, but I put it in to where I can remove the box in about 10 seconds and you'd never know it was there. I often remove it when I need cargo room.

amp location:
You must be registered for see images attach

amp kill switch:

sub location:

Hook to hold box:

Velcro to hold box:

Wiring:

So, I kill the amp with the switch, release the seat back with the lever, lift the box up, and unplug the wiring. I can tuck the wiring under the carpet flap. Literally can be done in 10 seconds.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't want to put my amp under the seat because I always drive with my left foot under the seat. So I mounted it behind the rear seats, I also can remove the sub in 10 seconds or less. But if your HU doesn't have sub output it is a good idea to have remote switch for the amp or a remote knob.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't want to put my amp under the seat because I always drive with my left foot under the seat. So I mounted it behind the rear seats, I also can remove the sub in 10 seconds or less. But if your HU doesn't have sub output it is a good idea to have remote switch for the amp or a remote knob.

My amp is under the rear driver's side seat.

Buckethead

Reaction score
I like your sub setup Atrus--especially the hook. I just don't want to give up the cargo space anymore.

I did have a similar setup in my TJ for quick removal. The amp was mounted to the box, and I put quick disconnects on the Amp's power and grounds so I could remove the whole thing to reclaim the "trunk" quickly when needed.