Anyone install a 'U-Haul' hitch on their Libby?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K9 DAD

Reaction score
Well seeing what the dealer is charging, I'm thinking of going to U-Haul for a hitch. Anyone who has one, can you post a pic.? Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not a KJ, but my boyfriend does have a U-Haul hitch installed on his TJ. He beats the ever loving snot out of the hitch, he tows things everywhere, mainly boats and the like, so the hitch usually ends up getting saltwater all over it. He's had it for a little over a year, and it seems to have held up fine, even after being rearended a few months ago. I'm thinking of having one installed on my KJ, too.

K9 DAD

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses (biggrin)

I checked with U-Haul and they're ALOT cheaper than the dealer! I was quoted a price of $230 for a class 3 hitch w/ wiring and installation.

Now. Having a Renegade, which has skid plates, will they interfere with the installation at all?

Thanks again :)

Blue KJ in PA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used Draw-tite #75128 because I like the hidden look and it is one piece. But any hitch will work with skids you just have to drop the skid bolts out and hold the skids and hitch up as they use the same bolt holes.

K9 DAD

Reaction score
Blue KJ in PA said:
I used Draw-tite #75128 because I like the hidden look and it is one piece. But any hitch will work with skids you just have to drop the skid bolts out and hold the skids and hitch up as they use the same bolt holes.

I like the look of that one. Thanks ;)

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the tubular U-Haul hitch. It's fine, easy to install. I'm actually moving this weekend, I'll snap a pic of the libby with the 6x12 trailer behind it :)

-Blu

K9 DAD

Reaction score
BluPhant said:
I have the tubular U-Haul hitch. It's fine, easy to install. I'm actually moving this weekend, I'll snap a pic of the libby with the 6x12 trailer behind it :)

-Blu

Thanks \:D/

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the move is done, and I neglected to take your picture, sorry. I'll snap a pic tonight if I have any time. Ping me in a couple days (PM) if I neglect to post :)

Just been very busy w/ the move & all.

-Blu

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one on my KJ. Works great and was fairly inexpensive. Like around 125 dollars. Tows a 2000lb trailer without problems plus been banged on numerous rocks at moab and still works great.

doc390

Reaction score
Ok so far on my '05. I do have to open the tailgate door to hook onto the trailer..... otherwise I can't clear the spare tire. That's w/ a 2" drop on the hitch insert.

Easy install, though, on the U-Haul.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive got the 06497 draw tite rated at 7500/750, which i feel very safe towing 5000lbs with. i would not want a 5000k rated hitch and tow 5k, i like being over prepared. I think it was around 130 from etrailer.com.

And i highly recommend it b/c it extends out further than the stock hitch/uhaul and a 9in hitch with 2in drop works great!!