Anyone has lifted a 2WD KJ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paco29toy

Reaction score
hi everyone, most of the treads here talk about 4WD KJs.
I have a 04 Liberty Sport 2WD and want to lift it either 2" or 4". About a year ago a bought some mud tires and had to take off the plastic portion of the fenders since the tires are too big. So starting to look for options on how to make it higher. ANy suggestions are appreciated.

You must be registered for see images attach

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What size are those tires you are currently running? Those things look huge! :eek:

There are a few people around here with lifted 2wd rigs. I'm sure they'll chime in soon.

cwatson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say take off the rear fenders and put some trim around the edges, thick enough to cover the holes. Doesn't look as bad as I thought it might without the fenders.

L

lil black liberty

265/75/16's I believe you most definitely need a lift, I myself ran the Rough Country Kit took it off after awhile just went back stock height for now been saving for that frankenlift kit but you really need a lift..

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those are some Summit Mud 265/75/R16

Wow! I am lifted and couldn't fit those if I tried. You don't have horrible rubbing problems all the way around, even with out the front flares?

As far as I know all the lift kits work for both 4wd and 2wd, but don't quote me on that. You wont have to worry about front cv angles though, considering you don't have any. You also might need new wheels with different backspacing if you keep those 265 width tires.

Seems like it would be easier for the time being to get stock size tires till you figure out what you want to do.

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have OME/rancho, hector's clevis spacers :D, extra iso on the back, on 245/75

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
2wd/4wd doesn't change the lift components. Just with 2wd you can go higher...

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
hi everyone, most of the treads here talk about 4WD KJs.
I have a 04 Liberty Sport 2WD and want to lift it either 2" or 4". About a year ago a bought some mud tires and had to take off the plastic portion of the fenders since the tires are too big. So starting to look for options on how to make it higher. ANy suggestions are appreciated.

You must be registered for see images attach

For you, a Daystar 2.5"poly spacer lift would work good....your stock springs will eventually suffer, but it will get you lifted till you get some Old Man Emu springs. The Daystar is $200-ish and will get 2.5" of lift easily.