Anyone ever use this gear ratio calculator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a good one. Made it a "sticky" Thanks.

Dave

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I read through the articles on differentials and re-gearing and intend to reread them a few times to really "get" it. I understood the basic idea, but it really explains a lot of the "why" stuff pretty well.

Thanks for a great link! :)

streetglideok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After I actually sat down and put in all the data, it came out that with 3.73 gears I'll still be lower in first and sixth than an auto with 4.10s

streetglideok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah but you forget about the reduction the clutch slippage gives too,lol. My biggest issue isn't the lower gears as much as the upper gears. The top two gears are where I feel it the most now in the need to gear dept, and that's where the torque converter slippage is taken out of the equation.

Last edited:

joe_jeep

Reaction score
if you are looking at a gear ratio calculators, look at grimmjeeper gear ratio calculator.
input your tire size a 1/2" smaller than it adversized size. its remarkably close to reality.

Latest posts

Members online