Any opinion on newer Jeep Libertys?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CWBenjamin

Reaction score
Hello.
I have a 2003 Jeep Kj, I have done plenty of work on it but it seems to just have more and more stuff I need to fix and I kinda want to start with a fresher car...

Is there any pro or cons on a newer Jeep Liberty (2012) compared to an older 2003? Both are 4WD 6 Cyl engines.

What I am wondering about is: Ease of engine access / difficulty of working on it...

If either have any difference on quality of parts and life expectancy. etc etc...

TIA

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check out this thread for a list of specific differences KJ vs. KK.

IMO, the KK is just as easy to work on under the hood. The body is different but many components under the skin are the same or similar.

CWBenjamin

Reaction score

IMO, the KK is just as easy to work on under the hood. The body is different but many components under the skin are the same or similar.
Thank you very much

Ronald

Reaction score
Hello.
I have a 2003 Jeep Kj, I have done plenty of work on it but it seems to just have more and more stuff I need to fix and I kinda want to start with a fresher car...

Is there any pro or cons on a newer Jeep Liberty (2012) compared to an older 2003? Both are 4WD 6 Cyl engines.

What I am wondering about is: Ease of engine access / difficulty of working on it...

If either have any difference on quality of parts and life expectancy. etc etc...

TIA
I like the 2011 Liberty Limited my daughter has in a blueberry peral blach, sharp looking and rides nice

Attachments

• jeep colore blue blck,metalic.JPG
    jeep colore blue blck,metalic.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 5

Austin288

Reaction score
I have a 2011 KK and could not be more pleased. The most critical difference for me is the tailgate. The KK lifts vertically and is out of the way and also provides shade for tailgating. The rear seats fold perfectly flat, and the front passenger seat also folds, which makes hauling things like R/C model airplanes very convenient. The last of the KK's, 2011 and 2012, share the advanced steering wheel which has the controls for the radio and cruise control built in.

Ronald

Reaction score

most body parts are interchangible from 2008-2011

Attachments

• jeep colore blue blck,metalic.JPG
    jeep colore blue blck,metalic.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 1

WheelNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One big advantage of the pre-facelift Liberty is that it is the best looking Liberty of all! The KK's had a cloth roof option which is VERY cool, so that could be a bonus. A vehicle that is 9 years newer is certainly an advantage. Test drive a couple and see what you think.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
One big advantage of the pre-facelift Liberty is that it is the best looking Liberty of all! The KK's had a cloth roof option which is VERY cool, so that could be a bonus. A vehicle that is 9 years newer is certainly an advantage. Test drive a couple and see what you think.
The roof option was a HUGE headache from day one, stay away from them
Vehicle 9 years newer could be a bonus, but biggest thing is how it was taken care of