Antenna

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
i think my attenna got bent in a car wash. not alot but a noticable amount. can it be bent back without breaking or do i need to buy a new one

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Just try bending it back by hand. It won't ever be perfectly straight, but don't worry about it. Give it a few days/weeks/months and you'll never notice it.

<-- been there and done that after someone's hubcap flew off their Yukon and did damage to my hood, antenna and passenger side rear door.

indianrefining

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might want to look into one of those short, black "Euro-style" antennas. They work just as well and are far less prone to getting bent in car-washes.

Kevin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are known problems with all cars. If you look hard enough, there's usually a disclaimer specifically mentioning antennas. I think there might be one in the owner's manual too unless I'm thinking of another car.

The real question though is why are you using an automatic car wash? Are you a fan of swirls? ;)

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are known problems with all cars. If you look hard enough, there's usually a disclaimer specifically mentioning antennas. I think there might be one in the owner's manual too unless I'm thinking of another car.

The real question though is why are you using an automatic car wash? Are you a fan of swirls? ;)

I used to feel the same way, until my 1st offroading trip when small branches were rubbing on it. Now all bets are off.