Another TIRE ROTATION

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FL RENNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I'm sure this has been done a billion times sorry. I'm gonna be putting some shock boots on my shocks this saturday (mainly for looks on a nice flex pic lol3.gif ) and figure while I've got it up I might as well go ahead a rotate the tires. They have about 4k on them, sound like a good idea? Or do ya'll think that's too soon to be rotating? I figure if i rotate about every 5K with my oil change it will extend the life of the tire?

Next question?? Rotate what tire to where? Front to back...cross the tire? Any suggesions will help.

THANKS!!!

dnm45227

Reaction score
I thought that you shouldn't use the "X" method for steal belted tires. May just be a myth, but it's supposed to cause the belts to break?

2003KJ

Reaction score
dnm45227 said:
I thought that you shouldn't use the "X" method for steal belted tires. May just be a myth, but it's supposed to cause the belts to break?

Thats what I heard too. Thats why I just move the fronts to the back, and the backs to the front. Simple and easy to remember. I don't rotate my spare in...probably shoulda though...

gsbrockman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dnm45227 said:

That is indeed a myth in today's day and age......in the early 70's or so, yep, it could have been a problem. Tire technology has come a lonnnnnnnngggggg way.

I've rotated the tires on my RWD vehicles as follows for years with the best results :

RR to RF
LR to LF
RF to LR
LF to RR

At some point in time, every wheel will reside at each corner of the car. If you experience even slight feathering from the front tires, with proper inflation and them rotating the opposite direction on the solid rear drive axle, any uneven tire wear will be gone in a few thousand miles, usually less. It works......I got 46k miles outta the P235/70R16 Goodyear Wrangler SRA's on the wife's '02 KJ-----replaced them in December 2004 because I was expecting a bad winter, and they still had 5---6/32nds on them.

Greg

Latest posts

Members online