Another Tire question..newbie here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

detto

Reaction score
Hello everyone, new to this forum but i know the general rules of forums. I did search first, but need clarification mostly.
I just picked up an 05 liberty renegade. It came with Stock wheels and tires. I like the rims, plan on keeping them, but tires are aweful. I want a wider stance. This is going to be my daily driver. I live in Maryland, bit of snow once in a while, no off roading planned. So need something that can be a daily driver, so not sure if to go with 245/70/R16 A/S or A/T? or 245/75/R16?

What would be the best fit with no rubbing and give me the wider look that i want? Or is something else going to work best for me?

Thanks for any feedback.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
245/70R16. I did not experience any rubbing while running this size but for some strange reason, a very small amount of others did. Rubbing was very minor though.

245/75s will not fit without rubbing. Major rubbing.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're not going to be able to fit 245/75's without a lift. Most folks have no problem with 245/70's, although, you may get some rubbing. I had 245/70's and now have 235/75's and have a lift and I still rub a little on the sway bar at full lock - both sizes rub on the sway bar on my KJ.

detto

Reaction score
What type of wide look will i get with the 245/70 ? Just want something that sits well on the road.
Also, any recommendations on what king of A/T to get?
Looked at the goodyear silent armor tires, thought they looked good.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
It will look better ... than stock ... and more importantly you'll be able to use the accelerator and brakes too! :D I got rid of my ST's ASAP!

not the best angle to answer your question ... but you get the idea.

2054-serious-upgrade-sts-fraction-inch-lift-lol.jpg

ST's 235 vs Silent Armour 245
2047-comp-almost-new-sts-my-new-silent-armors.jpg

Paul M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting...we have 245/75's on our 2007, very minor rubbage. I did flatten the pinch welds (a must.) These tires (and wheels) are a vast improvement over the cheeseball stock ST's and steel wheels. Improved handling, braking, and traction.

Attachments

• Jeep KJ 03 (2).jpg
    Jeep KJ 03 (2).jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 19

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
As far as what model of A/T tire in concerned...
Whatever suites your needs and your budget.
Silent Armours are excellent tires but a little too pricey for some folks.
Another really good tire IMHO is the Hankook Dyna Pro ATM all terrain tire.
Really good value for the money.
245-70-16's look really good on unlifted Liberty's.

ineedabouttreefiddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DONT GET DYNAPROS! unless you get the mud terrain. Im running stock alloys and BFG Rugged Terrains. i run circles around $40,000 trucks in the sand dunes aired to 12 pounds. they come pre siped with groves to shoot off mud. best $700 ive ever spent (other than the $4500 for the jeep :D )

teckn9ne

Reaction score
I got the LT Hankook AT and i have yet get stuck in mud sand i would put them on any rig

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DONT GET DYNAPROS! unless you get the mud terrain. Im running stock alloys and BFG Rugged Terrains. i run circles around $40,000 trucks in the sand dunes aired to 12 pounds. they come pre siped with groves to shoot off mud. best $700 ive ever spent (other than the $4500 for the jeep :D )

I don't understand how you're "running circles" around these "$40,000" trucks. And if you are, I doubt it has anything to do with the tires. Although those are definitely a decent tire. For a second, I thought you were talking about the Long Trails.

Last edited:

Members online